As we get ready to take some time off work and gather with friends and family this Thanksgiving, we’d like to take a minute to share what we’re thankful for here at Mathnasium HQ. Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving full of infinite love, laughter, and gratitude!
A few BIG privileges I’m thankful for…
- The privilege of living in North America. At peace.
- The privilege of making a difference. At work.
- The privilege of a mission that inspires. At last.
- The privilege of working with children. At length.
- The privilege of working with great people. At all times.
Wishing you a Thanksgiving holiday free from any worry. At all!
- Peter Markovitz, CEO
I am thankful for the continued opportunity to work with an exceptional team of people to change the lives of children everyday. I am thankful for being an American and the great individuals who sacrifice every day to keep our country free. I am thankful for my family ,especially my husband and son--and that we are all happy and healthy.
- Jennifer Nicholls, Director of Education
I’m grateful to have married a woman who, after 24 years of marriage, still makes me feel butterflies whenever I hear her car pull into our driveway. I’m also deeply grateful for the people in my life who inspire me to be a better person.
- John Moyer, Executive Director, Franchise Development
I’m grateful for sincere humility and humanity. The world is not as big as it used to be—we are all connected, much like a large extended family! Also, I’m truly thankful for Wi-Fi!
- Kisha Machen, Human Resources Manager
Today, I am grateful for:
- The fact that I live in relative safety; that my neighborhood has been neither a war zone nor the site of a terror attack.
- Waze, podcasts and books on tape for making my commute as short and enjoyable as possible.
- Weather that is leaning slightly towards fall. I love clear cool days.
- Deep friendships with people who know me well and love me still. It's quite a gift.
- My teenage daughter who calls me her best friend and lets me look at her Instagram.
- Bún Thịt Nướng, Japanese chicken cutlet curry, and good ol’ American fries… just because they’re tasty.
- The fact that, as a culture, we set aside a day to just be grateful, to give thanks for all have and all we are to one another. It's a very good thing.
- Jacqueline Macauley, Franchise Support Coordinator
I’m thankful for my outstanding coworkers who make working at Mathnasium fun and enjoyable—even when things get tough.
- Jonathan Greene, Legal & Compliance Manager
I am thankful for being surrounded by people who accept me as the nerdy dancing mathematician that I am.
- Kristain Steinert, Curriculum Developer
I am grateful for my parents’ safety—they live overseas. I’m also grateful for my wonderful colleagues—especially my team! Go Accounting!
- Jennifer Callahan, Accounting Manager
This Thanksgiving, I’m immensely grateful for a career where having fun and being creative are essentially imperatives. I’m grateful for the luxuries of free expression and free will, a yoga practice that keeps me balanced and sane, my very colorful and exciting life path … and most of all, the blessings and support I receive from my friends and colleagues. Oh, and cat videos on YouTube!
- Damaris Candano, Marketing Communications Coordinator
What’s on your gratitude list?