Mathnasium is a math-only learning center that offers both math help and enrichment to students in grades 2-12. Each student in our program receives a customized learning plan based on our proprietary teaching material. Join us for the opportunity to make a difference in a child’s life by passing on a love for math! We offer part-time jobs in the San Jose/Almaden area with flexible scheduling and ongoing training opportunities.
- Exceptional math skills through Algebra I and Geometry
- Excellent verbal communication and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to professionally interact with students and parents
- Energetic and confident personality
- Able to commit to six or more months of employment
- Ability to teach students in upper level high school math courses
- Previous teaching experience or other experience working with student
- Able to commit to a year or more
Learning center environment is supportive and encouraging. Applicants should love teaching and be able to motivate students to success.
Hours may vary, but could include mid-afternoon through early evening hours, Monday –Friday and Sunday mornings, approximately 8-16 hours per week (flexible).
Reply with resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, include detail about your math competency, experience teaching or working with students, and availability. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Sun||10:00 - 2:00|
|Mon||3:00 - 7:30|
|Tues||2:00 - 7:30|
|Wed||2:00 - 7:30|
|Thurs||3:00 - 7:30|
|Fri||3:00 - 6:00|
Mathnasium of San Jose-Almaden Reviews
Aug 11 2017
By Katie Steckles. Posted Mar 14 2017 in Blackboard Bold As if there wasn’t enough...
Aug 7 2017
When very young children first learn how to count, they use their fingers as manipulatives (p...
Aug 7 2017
Have you ever wondered why astronauts can jump so high on the moon? It’s because t...