To inquire about instructor positions at this learning center, please submit a cover letter with resume and availability via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every day, students around the world attend Mathnasium learning centers to boost their math skills. We are highly specialized, teaching only math using a curriculum developed over the past 35 years. We teach math in a way that makes sense to students from K - 12th grade. Each center is independently owned and operated.
This is an excellent part-time opportunity for those with a passion for math and teaching. We are always looking for bright and ambitious professionals who are willing to work hard and change the way students view math.
Our best instructors will have an opportunity to advance to Lead instructor, ILP Assistant, Operations Assistant, and Assistant Director.
Summary of the Position:
- Instructing K-12 grade students of different abilities and skill levels in math following the Mathnasium Method
- Guiding, engaging, and motivating students to foster in a good attitude towards math and increase student confidence
- Working with a team and assisting Center Director in maintaining effective up-to-date instruction & materials and an organized, clean and productive learning environment
Qualifications/Skills Needed for the Position:
- Must be comfortable with children from grades 1-12 and be able to teach up to and including elementary Math through Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1 & 2, Geometry, Trigonometry, and Pre-Calculus in a fun, encouraging and engaging way
- Degree in math, education, or related field preferred.
- Highly skilled in math concepts through Pre-Calculus. Skilled in math concepts through Calculus I & II or above preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to communicate clearly with staff, parents, and students
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent child management skills. Experience with children preferred.
Part of our screening process is a math literacy test regardless of knowledge level, teaching experience, or credentials.
Hours are flexible but would primarily consist of M-Th 3:00-7:30pm. Must have availability of at least 3 hours, two days per week within those hours.
How to apply:
Submit via email a cover letter with resume and availability attached to email@example.com.
Please contact us at the same email address if you have any further questions. Each applicant will be required to take a math employment test before moving through the hiring process. Thank you for applying, we look forward to reviewing your application.
Mathnasium is an E.O.C. (Equal Opportunity Employer) and a drug free workplace.
|Mon||3:00 to 7:00|
|Tues||3:00 to 7:00|
|Wed||3:00 to 7:00|
|Thurs||3:00 to 7:00|
|Sat||10:00 to 2:00|
Mathnasium of Belle Isle Reviews
Sep 23 2016
SEPTEMBER 22, 2016 BY DAMARIS CANDANO-HODAS Parents, we know you&rsq...
Jun 27 2016
Orlando, FL, (June 27, 2016)—Mathnasium Learning Centers is proud to announce that it has j...