News from Mathnasium of Dana Point
Test-Taking Tips for Kids
Jan 26, 2015
Here are some tips for taking tests to share with your kids for their next exam:
- Study the Material. If you are solid on the content of your test, it should cause you less stress. Seek out help before the test if you are on clear on any of the material.
- Don't skimp on sleep. You will have better recall after a good nite's sleep. Students who stay up late the nite before a math test performed worse than those who got sufficient sleep.
- Pay attention to the instructions on the test and what your teacher says before the test. Knowing how the test will work will allow you to focus on the questions.
- First thing to do when you get the test is look over each page. This will allow you to estimate how much time to deveote to each section and ask questions is something seems unclear.
- If you get stuck, move on and come back. Don't obsess over one question. Answer it the best you can or skip it and come back to it at the end.
- Stay calm and be relaxed during the test. If you're so nervous that you blank out, it suddenly becomes much more difficult to remember things. Take a mini-break if you get excited by closing your eyes for a few seconds and re-focusing on the task at hand.
- Finished the test early? Please check your work. The difference between an A and a B could be something as simple as a negative sign.
Mathnasium of Dana Point Reviews
Mar 4 2018
Many kids fear fractions because they don’t understand how they work – they mix u...
Nov 1 2017
Students are settling into the new school year and learning new math concepts nearly every week. ...
Oct 12 2017
Where do you go strengthen your body? You go to the gym to work-out your muscles. Our bodie...