Mathnasium is the industry leader in providing supplemental math education to children in 2nd through 12th grades. We are looking for passionate instructors that have a strong mathematics background and/or math teaching experience. Our expert approach is personal and prescriptive, with each individual child’s needs in mind. Our talented instructors experience daily the impact they make. Mathnasium provides for success by finding the right starting point (through diagnostic testing) and building confidence and self–esteem through successful encounter and interaction with carefully selected materials. The benefits of working for Mathnasium include no lesson planning, provided instruction materials, paid training, and the difference you make in students’ lives.
As a part-time Mathnasium Instructor, you will be trained on the Mathnasium curriculum and teaching methods. You will provide personalized math instruction in any of the following elementary Math through Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1 & 2, Geometry, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, College Algebra, Statistics and Calculus.
As a successful Instructor, you will:
- Teach using Mathnasium based programs
- Interact with and motivate students during the instruction hour
- Evaluate and document student progress
- Communicate students’ needs to the Center Director
- Reward students for completed assignments
- Develop rapport with students and establish a fun learning environment
- Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching math
- Assist in keeping the center clean and orderly (before, during and after instruction hours)
- Minimum freshman college level mathematics
- Mathematics competency based on Mathnasium skills assessment
- Enthusiasm for mathematics
- Good social and communication skills
- Willingness to learn the Mathnasium teaching method through on the job training
- This is a part-time position varying from about 6 to 25 hours per week, depending on the programs you are able to instruct and your availability.
- Flexible work hours are in afternoons and evenings (Mon-Thurs: 3pm-7:30pm; Sat: 10am-2pm)
- Compensation will be based on education and experience.
- Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org