Does Your Child Need Help with Homework?
Start the Year with Mathnasium, Finish with Success!
For more information about this program, call us at 732.681.MATH (6284) or send us an email
ENTER TO WIN!
Back to School Giveaway
Welcome the new school year with a fully stocked backpack complete with all your back to school supplies PLUS a $25 Staples Gift card!
To enter, follow these simple instructions:
- Visit our Facebook page
- Look for the Back to School Giveaway post on our Facebook page throughout September and October (hint....backpack)
- Like the post
- Participate by commenting
- PLUS follow us on Facebook to receive news and alerts
Giveaway runs Monday, August 20 through Sunday, September 30. One winner will be announced on or about October 1, 2018.
Scroll down for official rules.
Mathnasium of Wall Backpack Giveaway:
Official Facebook Giveaway Rules & Regulations
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility:This Campaign is open only to those who visit our Facebook page and comment.
2. Agreement to Rules:By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Mathnasium of Wall as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period:Entries will be accepted online starting August 20 – September 30, 2018. All online entries must be received by midnight on September 30, 2018.
4. How to Enter:The Campaign must be entered by submitting a comment on the Mathnasium of Wall Facebook page.The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Mathnasium of Wall. You must provide the information requested.
5. Prizes:The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a back to school backpack complete with all the items needed for the new school year plus a $25 gift card to Staples. Value of $125.No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Mathnasium of Wall's discretion.
The prize is nontransferable. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Mathnasium of Wall to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected on or about October 1, 2018 under the supervision of Mathnasium of Wall. Winner will be notified by Facebook Messenger within 5 days following selection of Winner. Mathnasium of Wall shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
8. Rights Granted by You:By entering this contest (e.g., photo, video, text, comment.), You understand and agree that Mathnasium of Wall has permission to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media without further consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: Mathnasium of Wall reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Mathnasium of Wall control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Mathnasium of Wall may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Mathnasium of Wall.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Mathnasium of Wall and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF New York State WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New York having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Mathnasium of Wall
14. By reading these rules, you, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules
The best way to see if we are a good fit for your child’s needs is to visit our center, meet the instructors and try out our program.
Call Now (732) 681-6284 and Let's Get Started!
My child already excels in math. Will Mathnasium address their needs?
Absolutely. Since Mathnasium is customized to the needs of each individual student, we can help advanced students stay engaged and stimulated by introducing them to more challenging math topics. More importantly, we can also help your child to develop even stronger numeric fluency and critical thinking skills, which are essential for continued success in math.
Why do children struggle with math?
Have you ever watched a foreign movie without subtitles? It can be confusing and frustrating because you don't understand the language! If your child is missing key math skills, this is exactly how they feel in math class!
In school, they treat kids the same because it is assumed that all kids learn the same way and at the same rate. The teachers are expected to cover vast amounts of material in a short period of time. If your child doesn't get a chance to master a skill for whatever reason – there is no time to give the necessary time and attention that they need. Teachers must move quickly to stay “on schedule". As a result, we see too many kids fall behind in math.
What happens next? The class moves on! Here come multiplication facts, fractions, percentages, decimals, mixed numbers, exponents, ratios, x=?, divisibility rules, algebra, geometry, equations. It never slows down so your child can catch up! They feel overwhelmed, embarrassed, and all alone! They begin to expect and accept failure as the "new normal" and think "I'm just not good in math!". If they lose confidence in themselves we typically see all of their other grades begin to suffer.
Is it any wonder why you have to fight with them to do their homework? With many kids, it is easier for them to fight you and not do the work than to put the effort into it only to see failure again. After a while, it just doesn't seem worth the effort for them.
Will a private one-on-one tutor work?
Unfortunately, in most cases a private tutor is a temporary fix for a long term problem. Private tutors only help children "survive" tonight's homework, but they don't address underlying issues. Private tutoring is not going to be a meaningful long term solution. Your child deserves to have that long-term impact in their math education!
How is Mathnasium different?
Great Question! The very first thing we do is give your child a skills assessment. It is both a written and oral assessment so that we can get a deep understanding of not only what they know, but how they think!
We sit down with them, put them at ease, and give them an assessment that doesn't feel too easy or too hard. Most importantly, we find out HOW THEY LEARN! Then we build their trust by giving them a few ideas and strategies that they can use immediately. We use the results to build a customized learning plan that targets skill gaps and quickly shows them success. In many cases “success” in math is something they have been craving!
Does Mathnasium Really Work?
Yes! Quite well, but don't take our word for it -
Read our Parent Reviews
We get 100's of reviews that are glowing about how struggling students come alive after coming to Mathnasium. Their grades increase and their confidence skyrockets! Take a moment to read what your neighbors have to say about us.
Why is confidence in math important?
It's not just important, It's critical! Kids need to see that they can do the work so that they can feel confident! This fresh, new confidence will spill over to many other areas of your child's life. At this point you will start to see peace at home! You won't be having to fight with them to do homework. Not only will they have the confidence and the skills to attack it but they'll start bringing home better grades from school. How do we know this? Because we have seen it over and over again with hundreds of our students!
Are you doing one-on-one tutoring?
Another great question! Our instructors are not just average math tutors. We have brilliant, engaging, inspiring math experts that work one on one with your child. They make sure your child understands what to do. Then the instructor steps back and lets your child work independently to give them the time to process this new information without the pressure and stress of being watched. It also prevents a "learned helplessness" where the student feels that they need the instructor sitting in front of them all the time in order to be successful. [We can't be there for their math tests!]
Our instructors quickly come back after a minute or two to make sure they are doing the problems correctly, give them encouragement, and praise them for their efforts! If the student needs more math help we simply teach the lesson again in a different way without judgment or ridicule until they "get it." This enables your child to become a "confident, independent learner."
Click the button which best describes your child:
Discover how the Mathnasium Method™ has transformed the
way kids understand and appreciate math
Call 732.681.6284 or email us to get started