News from Mathnasium of Dale City
Setting Up Your @Home Account
Mar 16, 2020
|Creating Your ConexED Account||Scheduling Visits||Connecting to ConexED for a Student Session|
An Introduction to the Classroom Tools
- We ask that you don't use the 'login with gmail' option as it may auto-populate the username with the name tied to your gmail account. If you're using a parent email to register your student, this could cause confusion for the instructors!
2. Fill out the registration form with your student's name (first and last), an email address, and a password.
- Please make sure not to use your (the parent’s) name as that will prevent us from recognizing your student when they log in.
- If you're signing up more than one student, you'll need each student account to have a different email address. You can create a new email quickly and for free at gmail.com.
To schedule your sessions, we’ve set up an account for you on our scheduling platform, Appointment Plus. If you have not already, check in your inbox for an email from “Session Notification sent by AppointmentPlus” with the subject line “Registration Confirmation.” This will have your login and temporary password information.
To schedule your session(s), follow the link and the steps below:
6. Click ‘Finalize Session.’
7. You will receive a confirmation email immediately after booking a session. If you don’t receive this email, be sure to check that you’ve completed the signup process properly.
6. The instructor assigned to your student’s room will check them in and help them get started on the day’s work.
- You must use either Google Chrome or Firefox to access the online classroom.
- Google Chrome is preferred.
- If your computer can be plugged directly into your home’s modem, that will provide the most reliable experience. However, a room with a solid wi-fi connection generally will be sufficient.
- Do not try to connect from a coffee shop or other public wi-fi.
- A good rule of thumb is to check if you can stream videos (Youtube, Disney+, Netflix, etc.) without lag. If you can stream without any issue, you should be able to run @Home!
- ConexED is designed to work best on a laptop or desktop computer.
- Some families have successfully used tablets to complete a Mathnasium @Home session, but it is not advised and may not work.
- Ipads and Apple mobile devices are not supported on the ConexED platform.
- Some laptops with restrictions do not allow our platform. If you are logging on with a school-provided laptop, it may not be able to load the classroom.
Your Student’s Set Up
- If possible, students should use headphones with a microphone. This will limit “echoing” and ensure the instructor can properly hear the student and vice-versa.
- Students should be in a quiet area free from background distractions and noise.
- If headphones with a microphone are not available, earbuds or other headphones make an adequate substitute.
- If your student needs homework assistance, please ensure their homework has been emailed to us at least 12 hours before your scheduled session. Please contact the center if you have any questions about the homework process.
- When in doubt, refresh! You won't lose any progress if you refresh the page, and often that is the fastest way to fix any problems with audio/video, zoom issues, etc.
- If refreshing does not help and you can’t communicate with your instructor, please TEXT 804-508-7346
Scheduling in Advance
- @Home sessions must be scheduled at least 7 hours prior. Sessions are based on a “first come, first served” availability.
- If a student is late logging in, their session end time cannot be changed or extended.
- Please start the login process a few minutes early to allow time for computer updates or unexpected errors.
- Please do not provide additional instruction or give students answers during their session. This may cause confusion for a student and impact their understanding of the material.
Where to Direct Questions
- Just like in the center, the instructor working with your student will be working with others as well.To ensure the highest level of instruction for all Mathletes, please contact the center directly with any questions about their material or progress.
If you’re encountering problems during your visit, please refresh the page. If this doesn’t work, TEXT 804-508-7346