Creating Your ConexED Account
1. Go to Mountain Brook @Home [Link Here] and choose 'Guest Registration'
- We ask that you don't use the 'login with gmail' option as it may auto-populate the username with the name tied to your gmail account. If you're using a parent email to register your student, this could cause confusion for the instructors!
2. Fill out the registration form with your student's name (first and last), an email address, and a password.
- Please make sure not to use your (the parent’s) name as that will prevent us from recognizing your student when they log in.
- If you're signing up more than one student, you'll need each student account to have a different email address. You can create a new email quickly and for free at gmail.com.
3. You will receive an email with the subject line: "Welcome to your ConexED account." Please be sure to check your Junk folder if you do not see this email in your inbox.
4. The email will include a link that you can click to verify your account. That link is good for 24 hours.
5. After verifying your account you will be able to login and update your password and preferences whenever you like.
Scheduling Your @Home Sessions
To schedule your sessions, we request you to:
Email our Center Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us directly at (205) 484-9027. We will speak with you regarding your preferred dates & times and help find a schedule that works for your family.
Connecting to ConexED for a Student Session
1. Use this link to access your Mathnasium @Home Classroom. The link can also be found on our @Home Quick Reference Page and will be sent to you via Appointment Plus an hour before your scheduled session.
Mountain Brook @Home [Link Here]
2. To login, select the Guest Registration option.
3. Log in using the email/username set up during the registration process.
4. When you have signed in, you will enter the “lobby”. An instructor will move you to your student’s breakout room as soon as possible. When you first enter the lobby, be sure to have your student read any information on the main screen and “raise their hand” using the appropriate button.
5. Once your student has been moved to their breakout room, they will be able to share their camera and/or microphone using the button at the top left of the screen.
6. The instructor assigned to your student’s room will check them in and help them get started on the day’s work.
If you have technical difficulties during your login or visit, please Call/Text (205) 484-9027
An Introduction to the Classroom Tools
- You must use either Google Chrome or Firefox to access the online classroom.
- Google Chrome is preferred.
- If your computer can be plugged directly into your home’s modem, that will provide the most reliable experience. However, a room with a solid wi-fi connection generally will be sufficient.
- Do not try to connect from a coffee shop or other public wi-fi.
- A good rule of thumb is to check if you can stream videos (Youtube, Disney+, Netflix, etc.) without lag. If you can stream without any issue, you should be able to run @Home!
- ConexED is designed to work best on a laptop or desktop computer.
- Some families have successfully used tablets to complete a Mathnasium @Home session, but it is not advised and may not work.
- iPads and Apple mobile devices are not supported on the ConexED platform.
- Some laptops with restrictions do not allow our platform. If you are logging on with a school-provided laptop, it may not be able to load the classroom.
Your Student’s Set Up
- If possible, students should use headphones with a microphone. This will limit “echoing” and ensure the instructor can properly hear the student and vice-versa.
- Students should be in a quiet area free from background distractions and noise.
- If headphones with a microphone are not available, earbuds or other headphones make an adequate substitute.
- If your student needs homework assistance, please ensure their homework has been emailed to us, preferably in advance, of your scheduled session. Please contact the center if you have any questions about the homework process.
- When in doubt, refresh! You won't lose any progress if you refresh the page, and often that is the fastest way to fix any problems with audio/video, zoom issues, etc.
- If refreshing does not help and you can’t communicate with your instructor, please Call/Text us at (205) 484-9027.