Welcome back! Today Mathnasium of Kelowna wants to introduce you to one of our proud parents, Lisa. Q: How long has your child been enrolled? A: 8 months Q: What part of Mathnasium Kelowna stood out to you on your first visit? A: It was a..
School takes up a big chunk of our kids' lives, so learning how to successfully navigate that time is pretty important. The New York Times says this, "A successful experience in school is not only about report cards. Ideally, your child will learn how to learn, retain information, think independently, ask questions and develop an increasing sense of competence."
Pay attention to these 5 areas when parenting your child through their school years:
1. Don't worship the report card. If you are teaching your child to do the best they can do, and not comparing them to their peers, you're on the right track. Grades are a small piece of overall academic success.
2. Don't show more or less love when a child's performance changes at school. Make sure that your child knows he/she is loved regardless of their educational accomplishments. Many kids' talents lie outside the classroom, so make sure to validate their aptitudes wherever they exist.
3. Encourage your child to fall in love with learning. Find what interests them, and pursue it at their pace. Does your child love animals? Take your student to a veterinarian and encourage them to ask questions.
4. Get into a good sleep routine. Kids need more rest than adults, and in order to be equipped for a full day of school, they will definitely need their sleep.
5. Build confidence. Your child will need resiliency and perseverance to tackle hard concepts and classes. A great way to build confidence in math is by bringing your child to Mathnasium of Kelowna.
Mathnasium of Kelowna is prepared to meet any child's math needs, in fact, that's exactly what we've been up to for <1 years. We've been helping kids from all over Kelowna, West Kelowna, Lake Country, Vernon, Central Okanagan find joy in learning math.
If your student attends nearby schools A.S. Matheson Elementary, Raymer Elementary, Casorso Elementary, Ecole Glenmore Elementary, Chute Lake Elementary, Dorthea Walker Elementary, Anne McClymont Elementary, Bellevue Creek Elementary, South Kelowna Elementary, Bankhead Elementary, North Glenmore Elementary, Watson Road Elementary, Pearson Elementary, Springvalley Elementary, Rutland Elementary, Rose Valley Elementary, Hudson Road Elementary, George Pringle Elementary, Helen Gorman Elementary, Glenrosa Elementary, Shannon Lake Elementary, Kelowna Christian Elementary, St. Joseph Catholic School Ecole KLO Middle, Ecole Dr. Knox Middle, Canyon Falls Middle, Rutland Middle, Springvalley Middle, Kelowna Christian Middle/High , Kelowna Senior Secondary, Okanagan Mission Secondary, Rutland Senior Secondary, Mount Boucherie Secondary, call us at 250-859-4272 today. You are always welcome to visit us in-centre at Unit 137 - 1835 Gordon Drive, Kelowna, BC, V1Y3H4 in the Capri Centre Mall near A&W and across from Starbucks.
Our Director, Alana McLellan, will be happy to meet you and discuss ways to help your child have the best possible math experience.
Sign up now for a Free Assessment & Trial Session!