Mathnasium Math Instructor
If you love math and kids, Mathnasium may have the Instructor position you have been looking for.
NOW HIRING Math Instructors!
We are looking for energetic individuals with impeccable math skills to instruct students in grades 2-12 at two of our locations – Dunkirk (Calvert County) and California (St. Mary’s County). We teach math to children in a fun, confidence-building environment. The learning center environment is supportive and encouraging. Applicants should love teaching math and be able to motivate students to success.
- Exceptional math skills
- Enthusiastic about math and kids
- Must be willing to learn and use Mathnasium Methods (even though your skills are great, you will need to be open to some new things)
- Excellent communication and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to interact professionally with students and parents
- Energetic and confident personality
- Team player
- Willing to work with students of all ages
As a successful instructor you will:
- Reward students for completed assignments
- Evaluate and document student progress
- Communicate student needs to the center director
- Assist in keeping the center clean and orderly
- Develop rapport with students and establish a fun learning environment
- Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching math
What we offer:
- Competitive, hourly salary
- The opportunity to do math during your shifts and help students reach a new understanding of math
- Training on all methods unique to Mathnasium
- Ongoing professional development in educational practices
All instructors must pass a math literacy exam (elementary math through geometry) and background check. More advanced math skills are always welcome. Teaching certificate is not required.
We serve our students year-round, so this is an opportunity for regular, part-time work. Flexible, part-time, after school hours offered. Hours each week may vary.
To apply please follow these instructions:
1. Forward a cover letter and your resume.
2. Be sure to include any math tutoring experience and academic objectives, including your intended major of interest (if entering, or in, college), and any fun hobbies, skills, or interests you have.
3. Include in your email your salary requirements and weekly availability within our center hours.