Mathnasium Math Instructor
If you love math and kids, Mathnasium may have the Instructor position you have been looking for. NOW HIRING Math Instructors for the 2018-2019 School Year!
We are looking for bright and ambitious individuals with excellent math and interpersonal skills. Candidates will be working with students of all ages. Each student in our program receives a customized learning plan based on our proprietary teaching material. Candidates should love working with children and be excited at the opportunity to make a difference in a child’s life. We offer part-time jobs in the Denver Stapleton area with flexible scheduling, ongoing training opportunities and opportunities for growth.
- Exceptional math skills
- Enthusiastic about math and kids
- Must be willing to learn and use Mathnasium Methods (even though your skills are great, you will need to be open to some new things)
- Excellent communication and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to interact professionally with students and parents
- Energetic and confident personality
- Team player
- Willing to work with students of all ages
As a successful instructor you will:
- Reward students for completed assignments
- Evaluate and document student progress
- Communicate student needs to the center director
- Assist in keeping the center clean and orderly
- Develop rapport with students and establish a fun learning environment
- Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching math
What we offer:
- Competitive, hourly salary
- The opportunity to do math during your shifts and help students reach a new understanding of math
- Training on all methods unique to Mathnasium
- Ongoing professional development in educational practices
All instructors must pass a math literacy exam (elementary math through geometry) and background check. More advanced math skills are always welcome. Teaching certificate is not required.
We serve our students year-round, so this is an opportunity for regular, part-time work. Flexible, part-time, after school hours offered: Mon-Thurs 3:00-7:00pm, Sat 10:00am-2:00pm. Hours each week may vary.
To apply please follow these instructions:
1. Forward a cover letter and your resume.
2. Be sure to include any math tutoring experience and academic objectives, including your intended major of interest (if entering, or in, college), and any fun hobbies, skills, or interests you have.
3. Include in your email your salary requirements and weekly availability within our center hours.