Mathnasium is the industry leader in providing supplemental math education to children in grades 1 through 12. At Mathnasium of Chapel Hill, we only hire the best and brightest. We are always seeking high quality math instructors to join our growing, energetic team. We are looking for passionate part-time instructors who have a strong background in mathematics and/or math teaching experience. Our talented instructors experience the impact they make on a daily basis. Mathnasium ensures success by finding the right starting point for students (through diagnostic testing) and building confidence and self-esteem through successful interaction with carefully tailored materials. The end result is kids end up loving math and instructors know that they have made a difference.
The benefits of working for Mathnasium include: no lesson planning, provided instruction materials, predictable hours, paid training, flexible evening/weekend hours, and the satisfaction of making a difference in students' lives.
As an instructor, you will:
- Teach using our proprietary Mathnasium Method™ and curriculum
- Interact with and motivate students during the instruction hour
- Evaluate and document student progress
- Reward students for completed assignments
- Develop rapport with students and establish a fun learning environment
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude and demonstrate enthusiasm for math
- Assist in the administration of the center, as needed
- Currently pursuing or have completed a bachelors degree (or higher)
- Extremely strong understanding of mathematics as demonstrated by superior standardized test scores along with top academic performance in your field of study
- Satisfactory score on the Mathnasium administered math skills assessment
- Strong social and communication skills
- Successful completion of background check and drug screen
- If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mathnasium of Chapel Hill Reviews
Apr 30 2018
Math might not be as fun as art or sports, or as cool as robotics and...
Apr 29 2018
When is your child better at math—at the end of a grade level or at the b...
Jun 16 2017
Forbes.com Veteran educator and Mathnasium Chief Instructional Officer Larry Martinek disc...