Center Director - Mathnasium of Boston (Hiring Now)
Mathnasium, The Math Learning Center, is looking for a Center Director to help us open a new center location in downtown Boston, MA. We are looking for a bright, upbeat and positive professional with strong math skills who is enthusiastic about working with kids and parents and is looking for a career with upside growth potential. This leadership role will shape the culture inside the learning center by hiring/managing the instructor team and ensuring students receive instruction that is effectively tailored to their individual needs. The Director will also take the lead in communicating with parents, marketing in the local community, and growing student enrollment. We are offering competitive cash salary, performance-based bonuses, and the opportunity for career development as we build out multiple centers in the greater Boston area. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The ideal candidate demonstrates the following:
• Proficiency in mathematics;
• Passion and experience working with children and a genuine interest in helping students get results;
• Strong interpersonal skills and an interest in developing relationships with students in the center and parents;
• Entrepreneurial spirit – creativity in driving enrollment growth, improving operations, solving problems;
• Sales skills – including the ability to market to parents, schools, community groups, and drive social media awareness
• Self-motivation –viewing this as a leadership career opportunity with upside potential;
• An upbeat, collaborative management style;
• Attention to detail and ability to multi-task;
• Managing center operations, including preparing/updating learning plans, hiring/training/staffing/motivating instructors, supervising daily instruction, opening/closing;
• Setting a positive tone in the center so that students, parents, and instructors feel welcome and motivated;
• Investing in students’ success by implementing the Mathnasium Method – ensuring exceptional instruction and attention to individual needs and learning styles;
• Administering student assessments, using direct teaching and Socratic questioning as appropriate;
• Managing communications with parents – including lead management/conversion, in-center conversations, customer care calls/emails, progress reports;
• Generating brand awareness through outreach to local schools and community organizations and curating our social media presence;
• Hours: 40/week, including 11AM-7PM Monday-Thursday, 10AM-2PM Saturday or Sunday, and community outreach events as needed.
Mathnasium Instructor - Dedham Center
We are looking for energetic individuals who have strong math skills and love working with kids to be Instructors! Mathnasium provides a flexible and powerful curriculum to allow Instructors to teach multiple approaches that fit best with individual children’s learning styles. Mathnasium is a rewarding, meaningful work experience where you leave every day knowing that you have helped to make a difference in children's lives. You will work with children of all ages and math levels, helping them either catch up or get ahead. We care about our employees and provide them with a safe, fair, and respectful workplace with the opportunity to learn, grow, and advance. Happy employees provide great service and, in turn, create happy students and parents! We offer flexible part-time hours, competitive hourly compensation, and an upbeat work environment. If this sounds like a job for you, please email your resume to email@example.com , and we can schedule a time to talk.
The ideal Mathnasium Instructor loves kids, has a passion for math, and enjoys communicating ideas to children in a way that they can easily comprehend. Mathnasium provides a flexible and powerful curriculum to allow Instructors to teach multiple approaches that fit best with individual children’s learning styles. This is a role that can provide incredible rewards from building students’ confidence and self-esteem through successful growth and development in a customized math learning plan. Instructors work in a team teaching environment where collaboration and communication ensure all student needs are addressed. Instructors are the bedrock of the Mathnasium experience, as they create and shape the child’s growth and development.
- Teach math using the Mathnasium method, making math come alive and grow.
- Contribute to a positive learning environment.
- Encourage, motivate, and engage with students during the instructional session.
- Evaluate and document student progress, providing constructive feedback.
- Create a positive environment that optimizes learning and motivation.
- Communicate student needs to center leadership and other team-teaching instructors.
- Interact with parents, students, and co-workers in a friendly and professional manner
- Assist in non-teaching tasks as needed.