Our specially trained math instructors will teach your child how to understand math in an individual setting; our unique approach enables us to explain concepts really well and lend a helping hand to every student. Our tutors foster a caring, encouraging environment that helps kids thrive and learn! Read below to learn more about our talented team:
Jack Francis, Center Director/Instructor
The Mathnasium of Fleming Island Instructor Team
The Mathnasium of Fleming Island math instructor team is passionate about math education and math tutoring. Our passion to inspire children, fused with our knowledge of math, creates extraordinary experiences for our students. We make math make sense. We make math fun!
The process to become a member of the Mathnasium of Fleming Island instructor team includes:
- All of our math instructors go through an extensive interview process which includes an evaluation of their ability to work with students. It's one thing to be knowledgeable in math, but we ensure our instructors have the ability to breakdown and teach math to students in elementary, middle and high school.
- After successfully completing the interview, instructors must then pass a math test to validate their math resume.
- Before officially being hired, Mathnasium of Fleming Island instructors go through a background check.
- Upon joining the team, our math instructors go through an extensive training process that includes understanding the Mathnasium Method, best practices in math education, techniques for successful math tutoring, and proven strategies for working with students of different abilities to create a personalized math tutoring session. Whether the student is advanced and gifted, on level and needs help staying there, or needs help catching up, our instructors are trained to ensure children have a successful productive experience at Mathnasium of Tallahassee.
Our instructor team is made up of individuals who are currently studying at University of Florida, University of Central Florida, University of North Florida, recent college graduates and professionals who are seeking to share their love of math and spend time after their full-time jobs working with students at Mathnasium of Fleming Island.
- Expert Math Tutors
We’ve helped children from 1st grade through 12th grade excel in their math classes since 2017. Our expert math tutors are highly trained in the Mathnasium Method so that they can teach your child the math skills he or she needs to succeed both today and tomorrow. The Mathnasium Method has been developed and tested over the course of 30 years so we’re committed to helping your child catch up, keep up, and get ahead in math in a way that makes sense to them.
- Personal Instruction & Custom Learning Plans
Your child will receive one-on-one instruction and a customized learning plan based on their unique needs and goals. The results are measurable progress, a renewed sense of confidence, and a positive attitude toward math and learning.
- ACT, SAT, & Other Standardized Test Prep
Mathnasium Test Prep Program employs multiple strategies to ensure that not only is your child ready for the skills being tested but also the nature of the test itself. We work on test-taking techniques, time management, and confidence levels!
- Common Core Experience
Worried about the changes in the curriculum due to the adoption of Common Core? Our program perfectly complements the Common Core so let Mathnasium help today!
- Elementary School Students
Our experienced elementary school math tutors know how to provide excellent homework help for your child. We've seen it all from addition and subtraction tutoring to multiplication tutoring, to division tutoring, and, of course, fractions. We are also experts at tutoring for the FCAT, as we have the best FCAT math tutors in Jacksonville.
- Middle School Students
When your child is in middle school, your child's needs change. We're here to make sure your child has the algebra tutors and the pre-algebra tutors that he or she needs. Of course, we still help with math homework along with our own program.
- High School Students
When a child needs a high school math tutor, they need someone experienced in tutoring those high school math classes. We have that experience because we have excellent pre-algebra tutors, algebra 1 tutors, geometry tutors, algebra 2 tutors, trigonometry tutors, pre-calculus tutors, SAT tutors, ACT tutors, and AP calculus tutors.
We know we're the right math tutoring center for your child and we're dedicated to providing our students with a warm, positive environment that makes learning math fun. Whether your child is advanced in math, struggling in school, or somewhere in between, we're here to help.