As our innovative learning center is expanding, we have several positions available immediately for highly skilled and motivated people with strong math-related backgrounds and excellent communication skills.
Applicants should direct all correspondence concerning each position to “Center Director” at “email@example.com”. Please include a cover letter referencing the position for which you are applying, your curriculum vitae or résumé, academic transcript, and at least three reference.
Mathnasium is distinguished for exceptional instruction and its entirely customized learning plans tailored to the specific needs of each student. Known as the Mathnasium Method®, each student's individual strengths and current knowledge gaps are assessed to provide expert one-on-one teaching through a completely personalized math program. To complement and support the regular academic studies of our students, we provide math tutoring, enrichment and academic in a group or private setting.
Mathnasium instructors teach students in grades 1 through 12, and must be fluent with math including elementary and middle school math, pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, trigonometry and, ideally, calculus and statistics. Candidates must be available to work consistently. Pay is determined by education level attained and availability to work. Paid training is provided.
- A degree in math or a related field (e.g. Physics, Engineering, Economics, Finance, etc.)
- Excellent academic credentials (official transcript must be provided) and obvious passion for mathematics
- Excellent communication skills, with a sense of humor and an upbeat demeanor
- An open mind readily able to learn new teaching methods
- Ability to work well with students of all ages
- Availability a minimum of two days per week, between the hours of 3pm–8pm (Mon-Thurs), 9am–3pm (Sat).
- Instructing 1st through 12th grade students, guiding and checking work, and fostering success
- Bringing math to life for students at a variety of mathematics skill levels
- Explaining and illustrating math topics using a variety of strategies and techniques
- Assisting center administrator to maintain a clean, organized and productive learning environment
- 8-30+ hours/week (consistent hours are available, work schedule may be tailored to individual availability)
- Hourly (rate commensurate with experience and availability)
Happily serving communities of Cliffside Park, Edgewater, Fort Lee, Leonia, Palisades Park, West New York, North Bergen, and Fairview.
Stay safe with Mathnasium@Home. Now taking in-person appointments.
|Mon||CLOSED until 8/30|
|Tues||2:00 pm - 7:00 pm|
|Wed||2:00 pm - 7:00 pm|
|Thurs||2:00 pm - 7:00 pm|
|Fri||2:00 pm - 7:00 pm|
|Sat||11:00pm - 2:00 pm|
Why Choose Mathnasium?
Mathnasium of Fort Lee Reviews
Mar 31 2020
Updated 9/1/2020. Unlike many other online learning services that rely primarily on pre-recorded ...
Mar 5 2020
At Mathnasium, the well-being of our families is always our first priority. We are keeping up wit...
Aug 23 2019
I'm quoting the introductory portion of this interesting article from the Harvard Business Re...