Assistant Center Director
Mathnasium is a math-only supplementary learning center that teaches kids math in a way that make sense to them. Using the proprietary Mathnasium Method with individual curriculum and specific teaching constructs, we offer customized learning plans for each student to help students whether they are far behind or already ahead in math. Mathnasium of Franklin is currently seeking an Assistant Center Director to help oversee center operations, work with students and parents, and manage a team of Instructors.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional leadership, entrepreneurial, and organizational skills to successfully assist in the operation of a learning center through contributing to marketing, sales, instructional leadership, parent communication, staff management, and effective administration.
A partial list of responsibilities includes:
- Administer Mathnasium curriculum through student assessment and diagnosis, development of learning plans, and documentation of progress.
- Manage student learning environment and daily session activities
- Manage a team of Instructors to deliver instruction that aligns with Mathnasium methodology
- Instruct Mathnasium students as needed
- Communicate regularly with parents
- Provide superior customer service that results in student retention
- Present a polished and compelling sales message to parents that results in student enrollment
- Conduct marketing and networking activities
- Complete other administrative responsibilities
Extensive training is provided.
Hours and Compensation
This is a part time position (25-30 hours/week). Work hours are somewhat negotiable and can vary but will generally be Monday – Thursday, 1 PM – 7:30 PM and Saturday 10 AM – 1 PM during the school year. During the summer, we will offer some morning hours.
Compensation is $18,000 - $22,000/year (doe) plus sales commissions or bonus.
- Proven leadership skills and experience in a management or supervisory role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional customer service focus
- A love for working with students
- Superb organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and manage time effectively
- Driven to succeed and detail oriented
- Exemplary character
- Strong math skills through Algebra I
- Previous teaching or tutoring experience
- Strong math skills in high-school level math through pre-calculus
Submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
- Full page cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this opportunity
Mathnasium of Franklin has an immediate need for instructors! We are looking to hire individuals who are exceptional at math and love teaching kids. We love math and are looking for enthusiastic instructors to help kids understand math like never before!
Instructors work with students in grades 2-12. Curriculum and materials are pre-determined for each student, and instructor will apply the teaching methods presented during training.
This is a great opportunity for a graduate or undergraduate student in a teaching program that wishes to gain teaching experience, or a professional who is exceptional at math and loves to work with children.
- Exceptional math skills through Algebra I and Geometry
- Excellent communication and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to professionally interact with students and parents
- Energetic and confident personality
- Ability to teach students and upper level high school math courses, including Algebra II and Pre-Calculus
- Previous teaching experience or other experience working with students
- Customer service and sales skills a plus
Learning center environment is supportive and encouraging. Applicants should love teaching and be able to motivate students to succeed.
Hours may vary, but could include mid-afternoon through early evening hours, Monday - Thursday and Saturday mornings. Approximately 10-20 hours per week (flexible).
Reply with resume and cover letter (can be written in body of email). In your cover letter, include detail about your math competency, experience teaching or working with students, and availability.
|Sun||2 PM - 5 PM|
|Mon||3:30 PM - 8 PM|
|Tues||3:30 PM - 8 PM|
|Wed||3:30 PM - 8 PM|
|Thurs||3:30 PM - 8 PM|
Why Choose Mathnasium?
Mathnasium of Franklin Reviews
Mar 4 2020
Elena used to be mad at math, but now she likes it a whole lot better. She describe...
Mar 3 2020
Make your child's summer productive! Take advantage of our flexible summer program...
Feb 23 2020
Arun is one example of hundreds. Math confidence, describing his experience as "fu...