Mathnasium is always looking for individuals who are exceptional at math and who love teaching kids. Our enthusiastic instructors help kids understand math like never before!
Read job description and apply HERE
PART-TIME MATH INSTRUCTOR
We are seeking passionate, responsible, and energetic tutors fluent in mathematics for Mathnasium of Gainesville.
Mathnasium is a math-only center that specializes in teaching students math in a way that makes sense to children. Focusing on numerical fluency and building upon previous knowledge, students are given confidence in their own math abilities. Through the Mathnasium Method™, we identify each student’s strengths and learning gaps in order to provide expert one-on-one instruction from a personalized learning plan in a fun and encouraging environment.
What you bring:
- A passion for math and working with children
- Skilled in math concepts through Algebra 1 (proficiency in Geometry, Algebra 2, Pre-calculus, and Calculus preferred)
- Willingness to learn the Mathnasium teaching method through on the job training
- Energetic and confident personality
What we offer:
- Flexible work schedule
- A chance to develop leadership, organizational, and communication skills
- Training in the Mathnasium Method
- All work is done in the center—no bringing home homework to grade or lesson plans to create
What you will do:
- Actively encourage, motivate, and engage with students during the instructional session
- Create a positive environment that optimizes learning
- Evaluate and document student progress
- Correct student work and provide constructive feedback
Excellent Opportunity for:
- Retired teachers and STEM workers
- Grade school teachers and college professors looking to supplement their income
- College students (math-related major preferred)
- Exceptional high school students who have completed Pre-Calculus
Why Choose Mathnasium?
Mathnasium of Gainesville Reviews
Jun 30 2022
Is it time for your child to level up in math? Maybe you have an advanced math student who ne...
Jun 29 2022
Remember solving for X in Algebra class? You probably learned how to divide before you tried ...
Jun 24 2022
Sessions at Mathnasium are filling up! Have you ever thought about enrolling your child in Ma...