Do you want to make a significant impact in the lives of students while growing an exciting business?
Mathnasium is the leading math-only learning center providing customized math education for children in grades 1-12. We are in the business of “Changing Lives Through Math”. We Make Math Make Sense … and fun!
When you join the Mathnasium team, you will work with bright, motivated, and caring people who share a passion for helping students develop math skills and self-confidence to succeed in school and beyond.
We have an immediate opening for Center Director at Mathnasium located in Savage/Lakeville, MN.
The Center Director is responsible for the successful operation and growth of the business. This includes:
- Creating an inviting, safe, encouraging, successful and fun learning experience for 1st-12th grade students.
- Hiring and developing excellent math coaches/tutors and assistants to ensure effective delivery of the Mathnasium Method.
- Sharing the benefits of Mathnasium with prospective families and enrolling them in appropriate programs that deliver outstanding results for their family.
- Communicating frequently with parents about their goals for their students, their students' progress toward those goals, and helping them manage their enrollments accordingly.
- Promoting the business by preparing and delivering a variety of marketing efforts, as well as by arranging and participating in events in the Mathnasium Center, at schools and at other community venues.
- Achieving business goals for student performance improvement and retention, lead conversion and customer service, enrollment and revenue growth, and instruction quality and capacity.
The Center Director must be genuinely enthusiastic about providing outstanding learning experiences for 1st-12th grade students. They must also have a high commitment to providing excellent support and service to parents and guardians. And they must be a trusted leader within the Learning Center. Successful Center Directors are friendly, outgoing, confident, flexible, trustworthy, passionate, hard-working problem-solvers, and have a sense of humor and professional attitude.
It is not required that the Center Director possesses a teaching license or certification, but at least an Algebra-level of math proficiency is necessary. Prior leadership or management experience with youth groups or business is desired, but not required. Mathnasium training will be required and may involve travel out of state; training and associated travel is paid for by the business.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably with a strong math aptitude
- Previous experience working with children and supervising employees
- Excellent organizational and management skills, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience using general office and computer equipment and applications
- Available minimum of 40 hours each week including core work hours Monday through Thursday from 11:00 am - 8:30 pm and Saturday from 8:30 am - 1:30 pm. Hours can become more "normal" as Center growth supports additional staff.
If you are interested in this full-time opportunity where you can positively impact the lives of students and families and share in the success of the business, please email a cover letter and a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
We are an innovative math-only learning center. Mathnasium Instructors assist Elementary, Middle and High School students in building their math skills.
Instructor candidates must be motivated, have a strong math background and good communication skills that engage students grades 1-12. Must be able to teach up to and including Algebra I. Capabilities to provide instruction in Algebra II, Geometry and Calculus are a plus. Classroom and one-on-one mathematics experience or experience working with kids in a learning environment will be an asset but not required.
An instructor will work simultaneously with up to 4 students, each working on a different curriculum and grade level. Students attend multiple one-hour sessions each week. We offer consistent and flexible work schedules.
DO NOT SEND A RESUME. Instead, download and complete this application and send it to us in an email along with your answers to the following questions:
What are your professional/academic situation and objectives?
What previous experience have you had working with kids?
Why do you think you are qualified to fill a math instructor's position?
What days and hours are you available? For what length of time?
Contact information -- phone, best time to reach you and email address.
Email your answers and completed application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org