Dear Mathnasium Parents, Mathnasium of Diamond Bar will be closed Thursday, July 4th, in observance of Independence Day. We will resume our normal business hours on Saturday, July 6th. We hope you enjoy your time off! We lo..
Can you believe Halloween is only a week away? You picked out the costumes, carved the perfect pumpkin and bought plenty of candy to pass out to all the little monsters in your neighborhood. You are ready! We are sure your kids are so excited to put on their fancy new costumes and frolic through the neighborhood as they trick-or-treat for hours. Are you looking for some fun activities to keep the kids occupied all day and night long? Here are some easy activities you can add to your Halloween festivities.
1. Candy Corn Math for Elementary Students: This might be our favorite! https://planningplaytime.com/candy-corn-math-activity
2. Spooky Word Problems: Create challenging word problems for your little monsters using spooky characters such as goblins, vampires, witches and ghosts.
3. Halloween Color by Numbers: A simple search on the web will yield hundreds of free templates for halloween color by numbers for all ages. All you have to do is pick some out that you think your kids will enjoy and print them out.
4. Halloween Tangrams: Another easy activity you can find by searching on the internet. All you need is some fun Halloween themed scrapbook paper (orange, black, purple, green, monster design) and a pair of scissors.
5. Candy Estimation: Have your kids guess how many candies they received while out trick-or-treating. Whoever gets the closest to their actual number gets to eat an extra piece of candy.
While trick-or-treating may always be the number one activity for kids on Halloween, these simple activities can help keep your kids entertained all day long. If your kids try out one of these fun activities, snap a picture and show us in-center for an extra special prize!