It's no secret that Mathnasium of Pasadena generates amazing results. Parents of local students are really starting to notice too. J. B. says, "My high school senior is finally starting to overcome her math anxiety and understand math af..
School takes up a big chunk of our kids' lives, so learning how to successfully navigate that time is pretty important. The New York Times says this, "A successful experience in school is not only about report cards. Ideally, your child will learn how to learn, retain information, think independently, ask questions and develop an increasing sense of competence."
Pay attention to these 5 areas when parenting your child through their school years:
1. Don't worship the report card. If you are teaching your child to do the best they can do, and not comparing them to their peers, you're on the right track. Grades are a small piece of overall academic success.
2. Don't show more or less love when a child's performance changes at school. Make sure that your child knows he/she is loved regardless of their educational accomplishments. Many kids' talents lie outside the classroom, so make sure to validate their aptitudes wherever they exist.
3. Encourage your child to fall in love with learning. Find what interests them, and pursue it at their pace. Does your child love animals? Take your student to a veterinarian and encourage them to ask questions.
4. Get into a good sleep routine. Kids need more rest than adults, and in order to be equipped for a full day of school, they will definitely need their sleep.
5. Build confidence. Your child will need resiliency and perseverance to tackle hard concepts and classes. A great way to build confidence in math is by bringing your child to Mathnasium of Pasadena.
Mathnasium of Pasadena is prepared to meet any child's math needs, in fact, that's exactly what we've been up to for several years. We've been helping kids from all over Pasadena, Altadena, Arcadia, Sierra Madre, Hastings Ranch, Santa Anita, find joy in learning math.
If your student attends nearby schools , call us at 626-510-6284 today. You are always welcome to visit us in-center at 900 Valley View Ave #4, Pasadena, CA 91107 .
Our Director, Victoria Slafkosk, will be happy to meet you and discuss ways to help your child have the best possible math experience.
Sign up now for Two Free Trials including a Risk Free Assessment!