News from Mathnasium of Middletown DE
Attention Local PTAs!
Aug 7, 2017
Mathnasium is Putting the "M" in STEM Education
Team up with Mathnasium to have a STEM + Families Math Night at your school!
What is Mathnasium?
- A math learning center, helping kids in over 800 locations.
- A proud Founding Sponsor of National PTA's STEM + Families
- Working to improve math literacy for grades 2-12.
- Mathnasium believes every child can master math!
What are Math Nights?
- Involve families in a fun, enjoyable shared math experience
- Events co-hosted by PTAs and Mathnasium in schools across the country
- Turn-key: Mathnasium provides all games and materials for easy execution
- Offered in support of National PTA's STEM + Families Initiative
- Help kids explore math at their own levels through games and activities
- Empowering kids of all backgrounds to become interested in STEM education and careers
Three Ways to Host a Math Night:
1. Win a National PTA STEM + Families Math Grant
As announced at the National PTA Convention in Las Vegas, PTA and Mathnasium are empowering families to support student success and fill a critical gap in STEM education in a unique way.
The 2017 National PTA STEM + Families Math Grants, sponsored by Mathnasium, will award $1,000 each to local PTAs who commit to hosting one STEM + Families Math event using the official National PTA STEM + Families Toolkit between October 1, 2017, and December 15, 2017. This particular grant-funded elementary school program is appropriate for students in grades K-6.
Grant applications are due by August 31, 2017.
2. Team up with your local Mathnasium Center
Mathnasium is dedicated to bringing Math Nights to schools nationwide. Even if you are not awarded one of the national grants, your local Mathnasium is happy to team up with you to put on a Math Night at your school! Find and contact your local Mathnasium.
3. Use National PTA's STEM + Families Math Toolkit
Visit PTA.org/STEM/Math/Toolkit for tools, resources and templates to host a successful Math Event.
We will be closed for "In-Center" sessions on Saturday, January 29th, 2022. Online sessions are available, please contact us to schedule.
Why Choose Mathnasium?
Mathnasium of Middletown DE Reviews
Mar 7 2022
As mathematicians, March is one of our most favorite times of the year. It's when we celebrat...
Nov 9 2021
Do you want to know more about Number Sense? What about calculating percents using mental math? ...
Aug 4 2021
We are excited to continue our Summer Fun days into August. We have scheduled dates that students...