As our innovative learning center is expanding, we have several positions available immediately for highly skilled and motivated people with strong math-related backgrounds and excellent communication skills.
Applicants should direct all correspondence concerning each position to “Center Director” at email@example.com. Please include your resume. If you are in High School a resume is not required.
Mathnasium is distinguished for exceptional instruction and its entirely customized learning plans tailored to the specific needs of each student. Known as the Mathnasium Method®, each student's individual strengths and current knowledge gaps are assessed to provide expert one-on-one teaching through a completely personalized math program. To complement and support the regular academic studies of our students, we provide math tutoring, enrichment and academic in a group or private setting.
Mathnasium instructors teach students in grades K through 8, and must be fluent with math including elementary and middle school math, pre-algebra and algebra (higher math preferable but not required).
- Excellent communication skills, with a sense of humor and an upbeat demeanor
- An open mind readily able to learn new teaching methods
- Ability to work well with students of all ages
- Availability a minimum of two days per week, between the hours of 3pm–7pm (Mon-Fri). We are also open 10am-3pm (Sat-Sun)
- Instructing K through 8th grade students, guiding and checking work, and fostering success
- Bringing math to life for students at a variety of mathematics skill levels
- Explaining and illustrating math topics using a variety of strategies and techniques
- Assisting center administrator to maintain a clean, organized and productive learning environment
- 4-20 hours/week (consistent hours are available, work schedule may be tailored to individual availability)
- $14 an hour to start. $16 an hour for high school graduates after you work 6 months
Proud Business Sponsor of Kiddo! since 2012: