As of today, masks will be optional for fully vaccinated staff and students.
Over the past couple years, we have worked hard to ensure that the health and safety of our community members are at the forefront of all our decision making, and I am proud of our shared dedication and commitment to keeping our community safe. We have let science guide us every step of the way while working with local, state, and federal entities to protect staff and students, and their families.
With so many changes to the CDC and state guidelines, we made the decision in the past to keep the in-center mask requirement in place through the last school year and summer. While we will continue to stay ahead of new developments and provide updates to you all, we have decided to lift the mask requirement for individuals who are fully vaccinated effective today, 9/1/22.
We would like to highlight what precautions we will be continuing to take in order to maintain our in center offering in the safest way possible.
- Sessions begin wrapping up 5 minutes ahead of the end of the hour so as to generate a buffer between the end of one session and start of the next which will decrease traffic during transitions.
- We please ask that parents wait outside of the center when dropping off or picking up their child(ren).
Curbside Pickup for Prizes
- Families are free to visit the Enrolled Families Page to redeem reward cards earned during their Mathnasium sessions for contactless or curbside pick-up.
Managing High Traffic Areas
- Students will be directed to take turns getting up for prize redemption, bathroom breaks, and prize wheel spins (our high traffic areas of the center).
- Instructors will direct students to tables as needed to avoid backups at the check in station.
- Students must request to redeem prizes during their game time rather than after a session ends when other students are checking in up front.
- All sessions are scheduled by appointment only – our scheduler allows us to track student-instructor pairings and durations for review of close contacts as needed.
- Appointment time increments are limited so that transitional times are only scheduled to occur on the hour or half-hour.
- Students must wash their hands for at least 20 seconds upon arrival before joining their Instructor.
- All Instructors are also expected to wash their hands upon arrival and find opportunities to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer throughout the day.
- All desks, chairs, and learning tools (including any writing utensils) will be thoroughly wiped down before and after each session.
- The center is cleaned by a professional cleaning company every day.
- Masks will be required for any unvaccinated individuals.
- Extra masks will be made available for staff, students, and their families in the center.
- Snacks are to be consumed outside the center – students are free to take a snack on their way out, but should wait to open it until they are in the car or home.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions about any of these protocols. Here's to a bright and successfully new school year!
The Mathnasium Team