Thank you for becoming a member of the Mathnasium of the North Miami family and our Mathnasium @home instruction option. Mathnasium @home gives us the power to provide real-time face-to-face math instruction with students via video conferencing applications.
Below, you'll find the following to make your Mathnasium @home online math tutoring sessions successful:
Schedule Your Learning Sessions
Need Homework Help? Upload your assignment to the shared folder.
Tips for a Successful Online Math Tutoring Experience
Schedule Your Mathnasium of North Miami @home Session
Mathnasium of North Miami online math tutoring sessions must be scheduled in advance. Your session must be scheduled at least three hours prior to the desired start time (or sooner). Sessions are based on a “first-come, first-served” availability. Please note, if a student is late logging in, their session end time cannot be changed or extended. Please limit the number of sessions scheduled to 3 per week.
Homework Assistance Needed for Your Session?
If you’re student needs homework assistance, please upload a picture or PDF copy of the assignment twelve hours prior to their session so the instructor can have it during the session.
Tips for a Successful Mathnasium @home Experience
The following tips and suggestions are provided to maximize the benefits of your student’s face-to-face online instruction via our Mathnasium @home option.
- Ensure your computer has a solid internet connection. If your computer can be plugged directly into your home’s modem, that will provide the fastest experience. However, a room with a solid wi-fi connection generally will be sufficient. Trying to connect from a coffee shop or other public wi-fi will negatively impact the experience.
Your Student’s Set Up
- Students should use headphones with a noise-canceling microphone. This will limit “echoing” and ensure the instructor can properly hear the student and vice-versa. The student should be in a quiet area free from background distractions and noise.
- Currently, Mathnasium @home works best using Google's Chrome web browser. If you are using another browser we have found that students may experience audio or video issues.
- @home sessions must be scheduled in advance. Sessions are based on a “first-come, first-served” availability.
- You will receive a link via email that the student uses to log into their session. This link is good for all future sessions.
- If a student is late logging in, their session end time cannot be changed or extended.
- Please do not provide additional instruction or give students answers. This may cause confusion for a student and impact their understanding of the material.
- The instructor working with your students will be working with others. To ensure they provide the highest level of instruction for all Mathletes, please contact the center directly with any questions or other information that may need to be communicated. The instructor will not be able to relay information or engage in conversations.