Instructor Position Description
Instructors are the backbone of our Learning Center. They are the people who work with our kids daily. Our instructors know every in and out of instruction because we want our students to leave the Center knowing that they made progress each day. We strive to serve, and through our service, our students can realize their mathematical potential.
We are constantly looking for instructors who love math and love helping people. We are committed to providing the best possible service to our kids and families. The instructor position is highly challenging, as it requires having a great attitude, a high degree of mathematical knowledge, and the willingness to be structured, organized, and disciplined.
We are always looking for the right people to bring onto our team. We highly value:
- Work Ethic
- Self Awareness
Instructor Position Expectations
The best instructors share common qualities and values. We expect instructors to:
- Have a strong background in math and to share their knowledge using everyday languageBe willing to work hard to master the craft
- Be willing to intentionally try new things and to learn from failures with intentionality
- Be honest with each other and to expect everyone to do the right thing for our students and their families
- Collaborate as teammates to achieve common goals
- Be passionate about instructing mathematics and to continually show it to our students
- Be flexible and adaptable to an ever-changing workflow
- Understand the importance of teamwork to ensure the team's excellence
- Effectively communicate with each other, our students, and our families
- Have an unselfish attitude and expect others to exhibit the same quality
- Always put themselves in a position to succeed with every student
- Care about other members of the team and our students' well being
- Always show the utmost respect for each other and our students
Instructors work closely alongside each other and our leadership team to ensure the highest quality service. To achieve this, instructors are expected to:
- Work 6 to 20 hours per week over 4 to 5 operating days
- Work with an average ratio of 3 Students to 1 instructor
- Possess a growth mindset and be willing to learn from failures
- Understand the instruction process from beginning to end (as opposed to being a results-based thinker)
- Be detail-oriented, coachable, and teachable
- Become leaders
Instructors who are seeking longer tenures are preferred (1+ years).
Backgrounds in STEM, instruction/tutoring, and strong communication skills are preferred.
Consider barriers to the position before you apply such as the potential commute, how many hours you would like to work, your availability, and your values. Our Candidate's process will uncover weaknesses and barriers. Candidates who are dishonest with themselves and/or the Learning Center will be disqualified immediately.
If you believe you could be a part of our instruction team, email PalmHarbor@Mathnasium.com with your resume and cover letter. We will provide additional details about the candidate's process.
Compensation is based on training, instructor titles, and merit.
Thank you for showing interest in helping our students master mathematics!
|Sun||2:00 pm - 5:00 pm|
|Mon||3:00 pm - 7:30 pm|
|Tues||3:00 pm - 7:30 pm|
|Wed||3:00 pm - 7:30 pm|
|Thurs||3:00 pm - 7:30 pm|
Why Choose Mathnasium?
Mathnasium of Palm Harbor Reviews
Sep 10 2020
It is the night before your big exam. You knew about this test the entire semester. While you are...
Jul 29 2020
It occurred in 1989 when I was 16. I was sitting in the back row of an Algebra II class that face...
Jul 14 2020
There are many things you can do in preparation for test day to improve your test performance. He...