News from Mathnasium of Pensacola
Welcome to Mathnasium of Pensacola's @home Online Tutoring
Feb 23, 2020
Thank you for becoming a member of the Mathnasium of Pensacola family and our online instruction option, Mathnasium @home. Mathnasium @home gives us the power to provide real-time face-to-face instruction with students via video conferencing applications.
Below, you'll find the following to make your @home online math tutoring sessions successful:
Schedule Your Mathnasium of Pensacola @home Session
Mathnasium of Pensacola's online math tutoring sessions must be scheduled in advance. The earliest start time for a session is 2:00 p.m. and the latest start time is 6:30 p.m. for 60 minute sessions and 6pm for 90 minute sessions. Your session must be scheduled at least four hours prior to desired start time (or sooner). Sessions are based on a “first come, first served” availability. Please note, if a student is late logging in, their session end time cannot be changed or extended.
Schedule an @Home Session for an ENROLLED student
Homework Assistance Needed for Your Session?
If you’re student needs homework assistance, please email a picture or PDF copy of the assignment one hour prior to their session so the instructor can have it loaded into the program. The email address is: email@example.com.
Tips for a Successful Mathnasium @home Experience
The following tips and suggestions are provided to maximize the benefits of your student’s face-to-face online instruction via our Mathnasium @home option.
- Ensure your computer has a solid internet connection. If your computer can be plugged directly into your home’s modem, that will provide the fastest experience. However, a room with a solid wi-fi connection generally will be sufficient. Trying to connect from a coffee shop or other public wi-fi will negatively impact the experience.
Your Student’s Set Up
- Student’s should use headphones with a noise canceling microphone. This will limit “echoing” and ensure the instructor can properly hear the student and vice-versa. The student should be in a quiet area free from background distractions and noise.
- If you’re student needs homework assistance, please ensure they have emailed a picture or PDF copy of it prior to their session so the instructor can have it loaded into the program. The email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- @home sessions must be scheduled in advance. The earliest start time for a session is 2:00 p.m. and the latest start time is 6:30 p.m. Your session must be scheduled by noon the day of (or sooner). Sessions are based on a “first come, first served” availability.
- You will receive a link via email that the student uses to log into their session. This link is good for all future sessions.
- If a student is late logging in, their session end time cannot be changed or extended.
- Please do not provide additional instruction or give students answers. This may cause confusion for a student and impact their understanding of the material.
- The instructor working with your student will be working with others. To ensure they provide the highest level of instruction for all Mathletes, please contact the center directly with any questions or other information that may need to be communicated. The instructor will not be able to relay information or engage in conversations.
All hours apply to In-Center and @Home
|Sun||2:30 PM - 5:30 PM|
|Mon||2:30 PM - 7:30 PM|
|Tues||2:30 PM - 7:30 PM|
|Wed||2:30 PM - 7:30 PM|
|Thurs||2:30 PM - 7:30 PM|
|Fri||2:30 PM - 5:30 PM|
|Sat||Closed for Instruction|
Why Choose Mathnasium?
Mathnasium of Pensacola Reviews
Mar 16 2020
At Mathnasium of Pensacola, we always care about the health, well-being, and continuing education...
Feb 23 2020
Thank you for becoming a member of the Mathnasium of Pensacola family and our online instruction ...
Sep 23 2019
Giving your child a solid foundation in math is key for the careers of the future. We strive to h...