News from Mathnasium of Middle Creek
PTA Grant for a Math Night - STEM Event
Jul 24, 2017
STEM + Families: Mathnasium
Mathnasium is Putting the "M" in STEM Education
Team up with Mathnasium to have a STEM + Families Math Night at your school!
Join the Conversation on Social Media #PTA4STEM
- A math learning center, helping kids in over 800 locations.
- A proud Founding Sponsor of National PTA’s STEM + Families
- Working to improve math literacy for grades 2-12.
- Mathnasium believes every child can master math!
What are Math Nights?
- Involve families in a fun, enjoyable shared math experience
- Events co-hosted by PTAs and Mathnasium in schools across the country
- Turn-key: Mathnasium provides all games and materials for easy execution
- Offered in support of National PTA's STEM + Families Initiative
- Help kids explore math at their own levels through games and activities
- Empowering kids of all backgrounds to become interested in STEM education and careers
Two Ways to Host a Math Night
1. Win a National PTA STEM + Families Math Grant
As announced at the National PTA Convention in Las Vegas, PTA and Mathnasium are empowering families to support student success and fill a critical gap in STEM education in a unique way. The 2017 National PTA STEM + Families Math Grants, sponsored by Mathnasium, will award $1,000 each to local PTAs who commit to hosting one STEM + Families Math event using the official National PTA STEM + Families Toolkit between October 1, 2017, and December 15, 2017. This particular grant-funded elementary school program is appropriate for students in grades K-6. Grant applications are due by August 31, 2017.
2. Team up with your local Mathnasium Center
Mathnasium is dedicated to bringing Math Nights to schools nationwide. Even if you are not awarded one of the national grants, your local Mathnasium is happy to team up with you to put on a Math Night at your school! Find and contact your local Mathnasium.
Want to Learn More About Mathnasium? Check Out Our YouTube Channel here.