At Mathnasium, we help kids understand math by teaching the way that makes sense to them. Children who consistently attend sessions at our learning centers enjoy a transformative learning experience and make huge strides in the classroom.
Attitude: When math makes sense, kids develop a more positive attitude toward math.
Understanding: Mathnasium teaches for understanding, giving students the ability to succeed in any math environment. As Larry Martinek, Mathnasium’s Chief Instructional Officer notes, “It's pretty easy to forget things you memorize and near impossible to forget things you understand."
School Progress: When kids learn math in a way that they truly understand, they achieve greater success in the classroom.
See what people say about Mathnasium
I wanted to tell you how much Mathnasium has helped Michelle* in her overall self-confidence and all aspects of her academics. She came to me at the beginning of the school year and told me that she no longer wanted to participate in the school’s developmental reading program. She said that she had read 6 books over the summer and didn’t need that class anymore. She went on to say that she didn’t need the math group either, she has Mathnasium now. (She has been in “pull out” reading and math for several years). I started the ball rolling in helping her to advocate for herself and she is staying in her classroom for all subjects and having a fantastic year! Last week she scored an 88% on her math test and a 95% on her reading test!
Michelle has never been confident in herself when it comes to academics, her speaking up this year is a brand new behavior for her. We are so very proud of her! Her Father and I attribute it all to her work at Mathnasium – you, Lauren and the staff have made her feel good about herself and good about learning. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
Hi Shane & Crew,
Just wanted to share with you that Chase* kicked butt on his NYS Mathematics Test!!!! We couldn't be happier with his improvement over the previous year and his continued interest in math. Chase's Scale Score was 338 in Grade 5 Math, which puts him in a Performance Level 3 and Overall State Percentile Rank of 81. OMG! Thank you for making math enjoyable for Chase, and in turn, for me.
Today we got Madison's* State Test results. She scored in the 93rd percentile and got the highest level (Level 4). The reason I wanted to share this with you is to first of all thank you for the wonderful program and for the opportunity that you have given Madison to embrace Math and love it. I can see that she is so much confident now with Math problems even though they seem so complicated (at least to me).…I have been recommending your program to many of my friends since I truly believe that it has helped and is helping my child. Thanks again for your time and effort. It is very much appreciated.
Hello Dayle & Shane,
Thank you so much for Luke's* progress report. We just received a mid quarter progress report from school as well and see that Luke is really improving in math. Thank you & your staff for your continued patience and guidance as Luke makes his way through 7th grade.
Thank you again for a wonderful "stress free" year of Math! Have a wonderful weekend!
Olivia* had her math test on decimals this morning, and while the teacher has not yet returned the tests, she showed Olivia that she got 102 points - out of 100! Which means she got everything right, including some or all of the challenge question!! Many many thanks to all of you, we are so happy for her!
Hi Shane – Fiona* got a 92 on her retake!
Hope you are well. Ethan* is absolutely loving Mathnasium--even asks to go! Almost can't believe it!
…He thinks you all are the coolest!
I wanted to drop you a line about Lara* attending Mathnasium ..... she really enjoys attending and her confidence is coming along in leaps and bounds!
Emily* had an amazing experience - the staff at the Scarsdale Location are fantastic! Emily has already scheduled herself for September. I never though I would hear her say she was excited to go to math tutoring.
Thanks and gratitude to you and your staff.
Thanks so much for everything you have done for Melissa* over the past 1.5 years. She has made great improvements as a student, and she has had a ridiculous amount of fun. Thanks to you and the Scarsdale team for everything you have done for her.
*Names have been changed for anonymity
Feedback From Our Students!
Zoe F. – 9th Grade – Enrolled 6/14
- I love learning material I was having a really hard time with and having an epiphany. The teachers are very helpfully and nice. And make sure I am prepared for math class. I have learned how to prepare for quizzes/tests in math and how to problem solve. Going to Mathnasium has helped me relearn many skills and strategies I was lacking which helps me in math class.
Isabella G. - 7th grade - Enrolled 10/14
- I absolutely love math! Everyone is so nice and they make math fun! Thank you for helping me do better in school!
Sibora S. – 4th grade - Enrolled 10/14
- My favorite thing about Mathnasium is finishing my work on time and doing a lot of pages so I could get prizes. I also like getting all my questions right.
Justyce F. – 9th grade – Enrolled 4/15
- I like math more than last year. I like Mathnasium because there are always people here to help you.
Sofia R. 5th grade – Enrolled 9/15
- I love it! More Math!
Morai E. 7th grade – Enrolled 2/15
- I feel it is very fun and doing it is a learning experience. You can get lots of help when in need and I’ve learned to keep trying problems when you get them wrong.
Sophia H. 8th grade - Enrolled 8/15
- My favorite thing is that Mathnasium gives me time to do my homework and review the things I learned today in class and the things in my Mathnasium binder. I’ve learned many new short cuts for formulas I was using.
Daniel G. 5th grade – Enrolled 6/15
- I like math a little bit more thanks to Mathnasium. I have learned percent’s, multiplying with fractions and other things. My favorite thing about Mathnasium is that I like learning new things and mastering math skills.
Freed F. 6th grade – Enrolled 10/13
- This place is AWSOME!
Elvira A. 7th grade – Enrolled 8/15
- Awesome, helpful in math, cool, calming.
Gerard G. 8th Grade – Enrolled 10/14
- I like math in school, but I love it at Mathnasium. I have learned scientific notation, functions, and a lot more. My favorite thing about Mathnasium is learning and mastering a lot of short cuts for different problems.
Colin L. – 9th Grade – Enrolled 11/13
- What is my favorite thing about Mathnasium? The Instructors!
Ryan M. 7th grade – Enrolled 2/14
- I like how it gets you a jump-start on an upcoming subject. I’ve learned so much I can’t keep track but I remember Algebra. There are lots of nice people that will help you with math.