News from Mathnasium of Schertz
Veterans Day 2021
Nov 9, 2021
As Veterans Day approaches, let your children learn about and appreciate the meaning of the day by analyzing the powerful data that we’ve supplied.
- Based on statistics from the Department of Veterans Affairs, 325,574 of the 16 million Americans who served in World War II were alive in 2020.
- 2 million veterans served during the Korean War.
- 7 million veterans served in the Vietnam War.
- There were approximately 20.3 million living veterans in the United States in 2018, according to data from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- According to the Pew Research Center, “About three-quarters (77%) of veterans in 2016 served during wartime and 23% only served during peacetime.”
- In 2017, the states with the highest percentage of Veterans were: Alaska, Maine and Montana.
- The District of Columbia, Virginia and Alaska had the highest percentage of Veteran women in 2017.
Hopefully, these great statistics will help generate some math related questions amongst your kiddos and help them find a newfound appreciation for this day.
Our Center is Now Open in compliance with CDC & State guidelines. Sessions will be scheduled to maintain the proper distance between students. We will also be keeping the online learning platform as a permanent part of our program.
|Mon||ONLINE AND IN-CENTER|
|Tues||ONLINE AND IN-CENTER|
|Wed||ONLINE AND IN-CENTER|
|Thurs||ONLINE AND IN-CENTER|
|Sat||ONLINE AND IN-CENTER|
Why Choose Mathnasium?
Mathnasium of Schertz Reviews
Jan 5 2022
The New Year is upon us and presents a great opportunity to teach kids how to set and work steadi...
Dec 17 2021
When the winter holidays come around, everyone, parents and kids alike, is ready for a break from...
Dec 1 2021
Children attend school 180 days each year. That’s 180 days of sitting in a classroom and ev...