News from Mathnasium of Tallahassee
Mathnasium of Tallahassee – Geometry Instruction, Tutoring and Homework Help
Sep 16, 2017
Leon County middle school and high school students will be introduced to Geometry during their academic tenure. Their time in the classroom will be set up around meeting and passing the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA), End of Course (EOC) exams, Advanced Placement (AP) exams, Common Core tasks, and scoring well on standardized college entrance exams such as the SAT and the ACT.
When students reach Geometry in high school or middle school, they will be exploring the subject’s fundamentals, including concepts of points, lines, planes, surfaces, angles and curves, along with topics such as proofs, geometric measurement and dimensions, and experimental and theoretical probability.
Often, students coming to Mathnasium of Tallahassee in need of Geometry instruction and tutoring are seeking help due to one of two main reasons.
- The first is that geometry is fundamentally different from most of the math students have been exposed to in their prior academic career.
- The second is textbooks and state curriculum emphasize numeracy, arithmetic, and algebraic reasoning. Geometry and statistics are often smaller math education units that are “fit in” at the end of the school year. Because teachers are forced to focus on the state’s standardized tests they often are unable to dive deeper into those chapters.
Geometry asks students to “exercise” their spatial sense and geometric reasoning.
To determine each student’s math and geometry abilities, Mathnasium of Tallahassee gives a written and verbal assessment exclusive to the Mathnasium Method. Based on the diagnostic assessment results, our math tutors build customized learning plans designed to fit the student’s specific needs in two important ways -- avoid spending time on things they already know and strengthen the things they need help on to reduce frustration with their geometry assignments.
We understand the pressures and busy schedules our students face. Our focus is to help with immediate problems, such as geometry homework help and test prep, while filling in any foundational gaps in their mathematical knowledge. The goal is to enhance their performance in the crucial exams they’ll be taking that can have a great effect on their future: Florida Standards Assessments (FSA), End of Course (EOC) exams, Advanced Placement (AP) exams, and the SAT and the ACT.
Geometry Homework Help
Our experienced Geometry tutors and instructors provide homework help that addresses gaps in knowledge. As these gaps close, students understand the material better, boost homework confidence, and raise their Geometry class grades. With this help, instead of seeing Geometry homework as a burden and frustration, students begin to see it as a welcome challenge and an opportunity for further learning.
Mathnasium of Tallahassee Geometry Curriculum
The curriculum samples shown here represent critical topics we address:
- Synthetic geometry: geometric proofs—use of axioms and primitive terms
- "Prove vertical angles are equal."
- Metric (coordinate) geometry—the Pythagorean theorem, the distance formula, the mid-point formula
- "Find the diagonal of a rectangle whose length is 12 and whose width is 5."
- Properties of geometric figures—congruence, similarity, proportionality
- All about slope
- "Find the slope of the line that is perpendicular to the line 3x + 2y = 8."
Geometry and Math Resources
Try our Geometry interactive quiz here to see how your skills stack up.
Mathnasium has two Leon County locations. In addition to our Bannerman Crossings location, our new math learning center in the Mahan Village Shopping Center, at the corner of Mahan and Capital Circle NE, is now open.
|Sun||1:30 to 5:30 PM|
|Mon||2:15 to 7:30 PM|
|Tues||2:15 to 7:30 PM|
|Wed||2:15 to 7:30 PM|
|Thurs||2:15 to 7:30 PM|
Why Choose Mathnasium?
Mathnasium of Tallahassee Reviews
Jun 24 2022
Key Points: Mathnasium of Tallahassee SAT and ACT Test Prep Overview SAT and ACT Fall 202...
Jun 24 2022
Mathnasium of Tallahassee Weekly Updates Reminder: The calendar is ...
May 26 2022
Today, there is a lot of conversation regarding the math learning losses students experienced due...