Mathnasium of Tallahassee - The Math Learning Center, teaches students to understand, master and enjoy math. We hire smart people, create customized learning plans for students and implement the Mathnasium Method in an encouraging environment. We hold ourselves accountable for the delivery of superior results -- inspiring those we teach and changing their world. We Make Math Make Sense!
The Mathnasium Method benefits students at all levels of their math education. The development of number sense leads to a deeper understanding of mathematical concepts, improved performance and greater confidence. This growth aids students in their classroom work, standardized tests, future education and career plans.
Mathnasium of Tallahassee is currently looking for individuals who are exceptional at math and enjoy teaching others. We love math and are looking for enthusiastic instructors to help students in elementary, middle and high school understand math like never before!
Mathnasium of Tallahassee is currently looking to fill the following positions:
- Senior Instructor
Each position and what we are seeking is listed below.
To inquire about instructor positions and other opportunities at this learning center, please email us with your resume and cover letter or fill out our online employment application.
Mathnasium of Tallahassee Instructor Position
Successful instructor / tutor candidates must be able to effortlessly teach all levels of math. You will be required to pass a math skills assessment and background check before being hired.
Successful candidates must be able to teach all levels of math up through high school, including Algebra 2 and Pre-Calculus. Candidates with fluency in Calculus, Statistics and Trigonometry is a plus.
- Ability to create a sense of comfort in parents and children
- Communicate clearly with staff, parents, and students
- Distinct passion for numbers and aptitude for teaching math
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent child management skills
- Available a minimum of two weekday shifts (Monday - Thursday), and weekend hours
- Friendly and confident with excellent communication skills
- Open-minded to learning new methods of teaching and problem-solving
- Able to work with students of all ages
- Prior Mathnasium experience a plus!
Mathematics Instructors / Tutors / Teachers will be a bright and ambitious with excellent interpersonal skills. Candidates will possess curriculum knowledge to provide effective and concise math instruction to students of all ages, while using the Mathnasium Method of teaching math.
The Learning Center Instructor / Tutor / Teacher is also responsible for assisting in evaluating and tracking the progress of each student and to maintain and foster effective communication with the Center Director and staff.
We serve our students year-round. This position requires the ideal candidate to have availability for a minimum of three shifts per week, Sunday through Thursday. While we are closed for holidays (see holiday closures here), our closures do not match FSU, FAMU or TCC's and instructors who are enrolled at those schools are still expected to have availability to work shifts despite class not being in session (i.e. - between semsesters, spring break, etc.).
Hours will vary, but mostly are between 2:00 pm - 8:00 pm, Monday-Thursday, and 2:30 pm - 6:30 pm Sunday, or some portion of those time frames.
Senior Math Instructor
Do you love teaching? Are you great at math? Do you have proven leadership skills? Then become a Senior Math Instructor at Mathnasium of Tallahassee. Join us for the opportunity to make a difference in a child’s life by passing on a love for math.
We serve our students year-round. This position requires the ideal candidate to have availability for regularly scheduled shifts based on the following:
Monday – Thursday: 2:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
The Senior Math Instructor may also be called upon to provide support during operation hours on Sundays and at events.
- Prepare teaching materials in students’ binders.
- Teach students using the Mathnasium methodology and prescribed best practice teaching practices. Help with homework, check homework.
- Cultivate positive and trusting relationships with current and potential students, proactively identify instructional issues and resolve concerns.
- Assist in managing the center during instructional hours, including assigning students to instructors and adjusting student-Instructor ratios as necessary.
- Assist Center Director in ensuring company policies, standards and procedures are followed.
- Perform operational and administrative functions as assigned, including but not limited to opening and closing activities, student assessments, events and school communications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn new ideas, cope and adapt quickly and easily to change in a fast-paced environment
- Respect the diversity and backgrounds of parents, children, staff, and community
- Passionate about working with children
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work as part of a highly productive team
- Professionalism, flexibility and a good attitude
- Excellent time management skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Previous experience in a position with an education institution with school-aged children is preferred.
- Must be able to effortlessly teach all levels of math through Pre-Calculus. Candidates with fluency in Calculus, Statistics and Trigonometry is a plus. You will be required to pass a math skills assessment and background check before being hired.
More About Mathnasium of Tallahassee
Mathnasium of Tallahassee, located in Bannerman Crossings, teaches math in a way that makes sense for students in elementary, middle and high school. Customized learning plans produce results for students seeking math enrichment, tutoring assistance to catch up, math homework help, and test prep for the SAT and ACT.
Mathnasium of Tallahassee will resume in-center instruction beginning June 3. With our personalized learning plans, Mathletes can benefit from either Mathnasium @Home video conference instruction or in-center instruction. Which is the best fit for your family? Call today to learn more about the Mathnasium Method and how we can help your child’s math learning continue without interruption.
|1:30p.m. - 5:30p.m.|
|Mon||Special Extended Instruction Hours|
|12:30p.m. - 7:30p.m.|
|Tues||Special Extended Instruction|
|12:30p.m. - 7:30p.m.|
|Wed||Special Extended Instruction|
|12:30p.m. - 7:30p.m.|
|Thurs||Special Extended Instruction|
|12:30p.m. - 7:30p.m.|
Mathnasium of Tallahassee Reviews
May 24 2020
Our program has a proven track record of producing measurable results for: Advanc...
May 17 2020
As the 2019-2020 school year comes to an official close, there are many questions that parents an...
May 16 2020
Does your child truly understand fractions? Addition and subtraction with like denominators?&n...