Ladera Ranch Math Bootcamp for Incoming Middle School Students
Jun 22, 2019
Ladera Ranch Back to School Bootcamp for Incoming Middle School Students
Going into Middle School feeling academically prepared will remove an enormous stressor from your pre-teen as they transition schools. Take this summer to help them catch up, keep up, and get ahead in math with Mathnasium of Ladera Ranch.
Each summer, students are at risk of the summer slide, a phenomenon where students can lose up to 2.6 months of curriculum during the academic break. Take advantage of the flexibility of summer and come to Mathnasium for two to three 60 minute sessions per week to keep their minds active and ready for the 2019-2020 school year.
Preparedness is essential for Middle School math for two main reasons:
1) Time Restrictions. Students will experience their first bell schedule. Math will be restricted to a 60 minute period, and teachers have to grade what is completed in that time frame.
2) Algebra. It’s go time! Middle school math relies heavily pre-Algebra and Algebra material, which is introduced in 2nd through 6th grade. If your student hasn’t mastered these prerequisite skills, it will lead to complications as problems become more multi-step and complex. Not to mention, Algebra is the first time letters are integrated into math problems.
If you don’t know if your student has a strong foundation from elementary school, check out the benchmark skills below and schedule a no-risk diagnostic assessment at Mathnasium of Ladera Ranch.
Benchmarks that Should be Mastered Entering Middle School:
- Add, Subtract, Multiply and Divide Whole Numbers and Fractions
- Multi-Step Word Problems
- Distributive Properties
- Greatest Common Factor (GCF) & Least Common Multiple (LCM)
- Order of Operations aka PEMDAS
- Prime Factorization
- Divisibility Rules
- Converting between Fractions, Decimals and Percents
To see how your student is performing and how Mathnasium of Ladera Ranch can get them ready for Middle School, schedule a no-risk assessment! We will assess your student’s strengths and weaknesses in math compared to grade-level benchmarks and create a customized learning plan around their needs.
|Sun||2:00 PM - 5:00 PM|
|Mon||2:00 PM - 7:30 PM|
|Tues||2:00 PM - 7:30 PM|
|Wed||1:00 PM - 7:30 PM|
|Thurs||2:00 PM - 7:30 PM|
|Sat||10:00 AM - 1:00 PM|
Mathnasium of Ladera Ranch Reviews
Sep 1 2019
In Mathnasium of Ladera Ranch’s middle school program, students master computation and prob...
Aug 26 2019
As students begin the new school year, they will learn new math concepts nearly eve...
Jun 22 2019
Ladera Ranch Back to School Bootcamp for Incoming High School Students Going into High School ...