Stone Oak area middle school and high school students will be introduced to Geometry during their academic tenure. Their time in the classroom will be set up around meeting and passing the STAAR Exam, End of Course (EOC) exams, Advanced Placement (AP) exams, and scoring well on standardized college entrance exams such as the SAT and the ACT.
Related Topics: Elementary School Math Tutoring | Middle School Math Tutoring | High School Math Tutoring | Algebra | Frequently Asked Questions
When students reach Geometry in high school or middle school, they will be exploring the subject’s fundamentals, including concepts of points, lines, planes, surfaces, angles and curves, along with topics such as proofs, geometric measurement and dimensions, and experimental and theoretical probability.
Often, students coming to Mathnasium of Stone Oak in need of Geometry instruction and tutoring are seeking help due to one of two main reasons.
- The first is that geometry is fundamentally different from most of the math students have been exposed to in their prior academic career.
- The second is textbooks and state curriculum emphasize numeracy, arithmetic, and algebraic reasoning. Geometry and statistics are often smaller math education units that are “fit in” at the end of the school year. Because teachers are forced to focus on the state’s standardized tests they often are unable to dive deeper into those chapters.
Geometry asks students to “exercise” their spatial sense and geometric reasoning.
To determine each student’s mathematical and geometry abilities, Mathnasium of Stone Oak gives a written and verbal assessment exclusive to the Mathnasium Method. Based on the diagnostic assessment results, our math tutors build customized learning plans designed to fit the student’s specific needs in two important ways -- avoid spending time on things they already know and strengthen the things they need help on to reduce frustration with their geometry assignments.
We understand the pressures and busy schedules your students face. Our focus is to help with immediate problems, such as geometry homework help and test prep, while filling in any foundational gaps in their mathematical knowledge. The goal is to enhance their performance in the crucial exams they’ll be taking that can have a great effect on their future: End of Course (EOC) exams, Advanced Placement (AP) exams, and the SAT and the ACT.
Geometry Homework Help
Our experienced Geometry tutors and instructors provide homework help that addresses gaps in knowledge. As these gaps close, students understand the material better, boost homework confidence, and raise their Geometry class grades. With this help, instead of seeing Geometry homework as a burden and frustration, students begin to see it as a welcome challenge and an opportunity for further learning.
Mathnasium of Stone Oak Geometry Curriculum
The curriculum samples shown here represent critical topics we address:
- Synthetic geometry: geometric proofs—use of axioms and primitive terms
- "Prove vertical angles are equal."
- Metric (coordinate) geometry—the Pythagorean theorem, the distance formula, the mid-point formula
- "Find the diagonal of a rectangle whose length is 12 and whose width is 5."
- Properties of geometric figures—congruence, similarity, proportionality
- All about slope
- "Find the slope of the line that is perpendicular to the line 3x + 2y = 8."
The best way to see if we are a good fit for your child’s needs is to visit our center, meet the instructors and get a Complimentary Math Skills Assessment.
Call Now (210) 610-8055 and Learn More!