Do you love Math? Do you love kids?
Unlike many of our competitors, Mathnasium exclusively teaches math. That means we hire exclusively as well. Our tutors are solely math experts. (We wouldn't ask a math tutor to help your student write a persuasive essay!) Each of our Mathnasium instructors must pass a rigorous exam that proves they don't just understand complex math, but that they can teach it as well.
We are a local, math-only learning center that is part of a nationwide franchise group, looking for an energetic, math-competent individual with a friendly and outgoing personality who would enjoy working with children grades 1 – 12. We have a great team and a fun, caring, and vibrant learning center.
Hours are flexible but would primarily consist of a combination of Monday – Thursday 2:30 pm - 7:30 pm, and Saturday 9 am - 2 pm (remote hours can be available starting at 1 pm Monday – Thursday). Compensation is comparable to per diem substitute teachers. We are primarily looking for someone available through the next school year.
Advancement and leadership opportunities are available for top performers.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT MATHNASIUM:
- Training: We offer extensive and continuous training in the proprietary Mathnasium method
- Students: You will get the opportunity to work with a variety of students at different grade levels
- All work is in-center: All work is done at the Mathnasium Center, so you have no assignments to grade or lesson plans to develop.
- Passionate about math and have strong math skills up to and including Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Trigonometry, and Pre-Calculus (Statistics and Calculus a plus)
- High motivation, commitment and enthusiasm
- Must interact well with students and be able to instruct students clearly and concisely
- Must be able to inspire students to do well, establish a fun learning environment, and consistently demonstrate enthusiasm in teaching math
- Desire to work through the school year (summer/winter school breaks a plus)
- Classroom and/or one-on-one mathematics teaching experience a strong plus
EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FOR:
- Passionate individuals with degree(s) in STEM
- College graduates taking a year before graduate school
- Part-time or full-time college or graduate students
- Retired teachers
- 401(k) matching
- Referral bonus
- Employee discount
If interested, please send us your resume along some background, your professional and academic objectives, your available hours, a phone number, and times to reach you. Email to email@example.com. Please note that we are no longer hiring for summer 2021.
Are you great at working with customers and enjoy interacting with children grades K – 12? Are you detail-oriented, computer savvy, and have excellent organizational skills?
Mathnasium of North Beverly is seeking a Part-Time Receptionist/Administrative Assistant who will be responsible for maintaining the organization of the learning center daily through taking phone calls, responding to clients via email and text message, greeting and managing students and Instructors who join our virtual “Mathnasium@home” learning platform, and other administrative tasks.
Mathnasium is changing lives through math by teaching math in a way that makes sense to students grades K – 12. Join us for the opportunity to make a real difference in a child’s life! We offer part-time and full-time jobs with ongoing training opportunities. The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant position is a temporary position projected for the next 3-4 months with the potential to become permanent. Advancement and leadership opportunities are available for top performers.
Tentative Work Hours:
- Summer: 3-4 days a week (Monday/Tuesday/Thursday 2 pm – 6:30 pm, Wednesday/Friday 9 am – 1 pm)
- School-year: 3-4 days a week (Monday – Thursday, 12:30 pm - 6:30 pm)
- Answer phones and take messages, book appointments, and provide general support to clients
- Assist with enrollment process for families by scheduling and confirming appointments, providing scheduling tutorials
- Provide daily assistance with our Mathnasium@home learning platform by welcoming students into Zoom to cultivate positive and trusting relationships with families, and sorting them into their appropriate breakout rooms
- Provide assistance to students in our Mathnasium@home platform with technical difficulties
- Stay up to date with Zoom and Kami interfaces on different devices
- Other traditional office duties as assigned
ON-SITE RESPONSIBILITIES (Temporarily Suspended due to COVID-19):
- Greet students and families as they enter the center, cultivating positive and trusting relationships with current and potential clients
- Assist management team with keeping inventory of center supplies and coordinating order and delivery of additional items
- Assist management team with traditional office tasks including organizing, mailing, scanning, etc.
- High school diploma
- Proven customer service and/or office assistant experience
- Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities and tasks
- Excellent time management skills
- Team player mentality with a “Can Do” attitude to work as part of a highly productive team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn new technology and adapt to new software or software updates
- Proficiency in Zoom, Excel, and other software
- Previous experience with school-aged children is preferred
- 401(k) matching
- Referral bonus
- Employee discount
Mathnasium now offers BOTH in-person and live, face-to-face online instruction in compliance with CDC & State guidelines.
|Mon||2:30 – 7:30 PM|
|Tues||2:30 – 7:30 PM|
|Wed||9:00 AM – 2:00 PM|
|Thurs||2:30 – 7:30 PM|
|Fri||9:00 AM – 2:00 PM|
Why Choose Mathnasium?
Mathnasium of North Beverly Reviews
Jan 14 2021
Dear Families, We would like to highlight and remind you what precautions we will be continuin...
Apr 1 2020
Now your child can have the same Mathnasium experience anywhere. For parents...