The pandemic is winding down, and summer is finally getting started!
Here are some changes that will take effect over the July 4th weekend. We think you will like them.
- Instruction hours, both at the center and on Mathnasium@Home will be Monday-Friday, 3:00-7:00.
- As usual in the summer, we will not have weekend hours.
- We will return to drop-in attendance at the center.
- In other words, appointments will no longer be necessary for in-person sessions at the center.
- However, appointments will still be necessary for Mathnasium@Home.
- Students will use the front door for both arrival and departure.
- Students and staff will no longer be asked health-screening questions upon arrival.
- Parents and guardians will be allowed to use the waiting area in the center, but must wear a mask while in the center.
- Sneeze guards will not be used unless the parent or guardian directs that a sneeze guard be used for their child.
Here are some things that will not change right away.
- We will continue indefinitely to "set the table" for each student with a disposable place mat, which doubles as scratch paper.
- Because children are not yet eligible for vaccination, masks remain required for all persons in the center when children are present.
- We will continue, for the time being, seating one student at each table.
- We will continue, for the time being, cleaning tables between students.
- Hand sanitizer will continue to be readily available at the front door.
About morning hours.
- Many families want morning hours during the summer. Other families prefer afternoon hours. It is prohibitively expensive for us to be open all day.
- Afternoon hours are a bit more popular, so we have chosen to be open in the afternoons.
- If you really need morning hours, let us know. We cannot make promises, but we may be able to work out a way to accommodate your needs.
Kip & Blake
Mathnasium Fountain Valley