At Mathnasium, the well-being of our families is always our first priority. We are keeping up with the latest information on the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and wanted to share some notes with you on how we are working to keep our center the safest place it can be for your children.
Reducing transmission contact is our first priority. Fortunately, your child has a personal curriculum binder that is unshared. Our frequently used items are pencils, desks, chairs, games and toys.
We are emphasizing hygiene standards for all students and staff and reinforcing the importance of proper handwashing procedures. We are also taking the following measures:
- For any students exhibiting signs of a cold or the flu, we will be asking parents/guardians to take them home. If your child has symptoms, please wait until they've subsided before coming back to the center.
- Check-in. We will check students in ourselves, instead of each student themselves.
- Spacing. We will sit students in every other seat to keep them further from one another.
- Waiting area. In the interest of reducing the number of extra people in the centers, we are making sure that no one can sit in the waiting areas. I.e. guardians are asked to drop-off and pick-up only.
- Hand Washing.
- Every student washes hands or sanitizes their hands when they enter.
- Instructors wash hands/sanitize upon arrival and every hour.
- Pencils. We are sanitizing pencils, tables and chairs daily. However, your child may want to bring and use their personal pencil/pen/eraser. Students will be given a pencil to keep in their binder.
- We are frequently disinfecting high-touch surfaces, such as tables, chairs, door handles, light switches, etc.
- We will put out hand sanitizer.
- If sanitizing/cleaning supplies are limited, we will consider “post-it easel pads” as a way to replace a paperwork surface for each student.
- Games / Manipulatives. During this period, we will not be using games or manipulatives.
Lastly, we are strongly considering extending hours (opening earlier) to help spread students out over time, if necessary. We are currently discussing with staff to make sure instructor schedules allow us to open earlier.
In addition to following the CDC's guidance (https://www.cdc.gov/media/index.html), we will be monitoring the actions of schools in our area to make decisions on a daily basis that are right for our community.
We will continue to provide you with regular updates through emails and posts to our Facebook channel as this situation evolves. Please reach out to our center at any time if you have any concerns that we can address.
Be safe, and thank you for being a part of the Mathnasium family.