We are looking for a motivated instructor to assist with our Mathnasium method of teaching. The Mathnasium Instructor is responsible for delivering mathematical instruction to students using the Mathnasium method.
The instructor's role will include:
- Teaching through Mathnasium methodology and terminology, using prescribed teaching practices.
- Communicating student needs to center leadership and to instructional staff in a team-teaching environment.
- Assisting non-teaching tasks, which may include cleaning, administrative assistance, curriculum preparation, or other duties as assigned.
Some tasks performed include:
- Monitoring student performance or assisting students in a learning center environment.
- Actively searching the room to respond to raised hands from students in order to answer their questions, grade their work, and address any concerns.
- Monitoring student behavior and intervening when appropriate to address any behavioral concerns or redirect attention back to course work.
- Working with team members to ensure all students in the center have their instruction needs met.
- Establishing and enforcing rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among students.
- Assisting students with math homework. Manage a students’ time while they are at the center.
- Verbally checking in with students at the beginning and during their session. Assigning students binder material during their session. Flaging, marking, writing notes, and keeping students’ binders organized
- Cleaning center tables, chairs, bathroom, trash, and/or other center areas as directed.
- Participating in parent meetings/conferences/conversations to explain current student progress.
Instructors must be passionate about math and have strong skills through Algebra I. Algebra II, Trig, and higher math skills will be a plus.
Please, email us a copy of your resume and reason for your interest in Mathnasium at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Now (281) 764-9030 today and schedule a FREE assessment