Distance Learning Facilitator
(Part-time) - New Caney, TX
We are looking for passionate, friendly and enthusiastic people who enjoy helping kids. We will teach you everything else you need to know!
Who We Are..
Serving our community by changing lives through math” is our mission. Mathnasium, The Math Learning Center is your neighborhood math-only learning center that teaches kids math in a way that makes sense to them. Our families are our top priority! With our team of experienced math instructors, students from K - 12th grade are provided with an exceptional learning experience.
What You Will Do...
As a Distance Learning Facilitator, you will be:
A passionate and outgoing individual who will positively impact the community by creating a welcoming environment for our students and families
Facilitating students on a virtual school platform by ensuring students are able to access their virtual curricula and are working on their assigned educational tasks
Connecting, motivating, and inspiring students to learn by creating an engaging, positive and productive learning environment while establishing a high level of confidence and program value
Providing effective communication with the Center Manager and staff, as well as perform operational functions as required
Opportunities for Growth and Leadership Development across multiple centers!
This is a part time position with flexible hours. Candidates must be available during morning to afternoon hours, similar to a school schedule from 8:00am -3:30pm . Pay will be based on education and experience.
Mathnasium is an E.O.C. (Equal Opportunity Employer) and a drug free workplace
We are looking for a motivated instructor to assist with our Mathnasium method of teaching. The Mathnasium Instructor is responsible for delivering mathematical instruction to students using the Mathnasium method.
The instructor's role will include:
- Teaching through Mathnasium methodology and terminology, using prescribed teaching practices.
- Communicating student needs to center leadership and to instructional staff in a team-teaching environment.
- Assisting non-teaching tasks, which may include cleaning, administrative assistance, curriculum preparation, or other duties as assigned.
Some tasks performed include:
- Monitoring student performance or assisting students in a learning center environment.
- Actively searching the room to respond to raised hands from students in order to answer their questions, grade their work, and address any concerns.
- Monitoring student behavior and intervening when appropriate to address any behavioral concerns or redirect attention back to course work.
- Working with team members to ensure all students in the center have their instruction needs met.
- Establishing and enforcing rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among students.
- Assisting students with math homework. Manage a students’ time while they are at the center.
- Verbally checking in with students at the beginning and during their session. Assigning students binder material during their session. Flaging, marking, writing notes, and keeping students’ binders organized
- Cleaning center tables, chairs, bathroom, trash, and/or other center areas as directed.
- Participating in parent meetings/conferences/conversations to explain current student progress.
Instructors must be passionate about math and have strong skills through Algebra I. Algebra II, Trig, and higher math skills will be a plus.
Please, email us a copy of your resume and reason for your interest in Mathnasium at email@example.com
Call Now (281) 764-9030 today and schedule a FREE assessment