Mathnasium is currently looking for individuals who are exceptional at math and love teaching kids. We love math and are looking for enthusiastic tutors to help kids understand math like never before! To inquire about instructor positions at this learning center, please email us with your resume and cover letter.
NOW HIRING INSTRUCTORS!
Are you good at math? Do you enjoy working with kids? Come join our team at Mathnasium of Cave Creek! We only do math and hire instructors who are knowledgeable and friendly. We want to be supportive of our students and help them feel confident about math, whether it’s in filling in gaps in their knowledge or helping them understand their math homework. And the best support we can give them is through great instructors!
We are looking for instructors who have a strong mathematics background and/or math teaching experience. We provide supplemental math education to students in K to 12th grade. Instructors will work with students through their learning plan, which is determined through diagnostic testing, and help them build confidence in themselves and expand their mathematic skillset. Previous math tutoring experience is always welcome, but not required. Lessons are predetermined and instruction materials are all provided. Training will also be provided in the Mathnasium Method and curriculum.
- Love teaching kids
- Good Communication Skills
- Minimum high school senior Calculus AB/BC level mathematics
- Pass a mathematics competency test which includes elementary math through Algebra 1
- To teach above Algebra, instructors will be asked to pass an additional test that evaluates competency in Algebra 1&2, Geometry, Trigonometry, and Pre-Calculus
- Clear background check.
- Part time position. Hours will be Sunday 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm and Monday - Thursday 3pm – 8pm, depending on demand, mathematic levels you can teach in, and your availability.
- Hours are flexible!
Instructors will be expected to:
- Be enthusiastic about math
- Build a rapport with students and encourage them through their lessons
- Evaluate student progress
- Assist students with math homework or test preparation
- Help keep the center clean
- Help with paperwork and the day-to-day needs of the center.
- Based on level of Mathnasium training and education
We look forward to hearing from you!