November 23 is Fibonacci Day, commemorating the Italian mathematician Leonardo of Pisa and the pattern of numbers he popularized, the Fibonacci sequence.
Grade 6 Math Checkup
1) Mario received 15% of the votes for class president. He got 45 votes. How many people voted in the election?
2) A six-foot man casts an eight-foot shadow. How tall is a tree that casts a 20-foot shadow? feet
3) Arrange in order from smallest to largest: 0, 1, 1/2, 5/12, 1/10, 9/10, 5/8.
4) Papa Bear ate a quarter of the pie. Mama Bear ate a third of what was left. Baby Bear ate half of what was left. How much of the pie was left for Goldilocks?
5) Halfway through the second quarter, how much of the game is left? Write your answer as a proper fraction.
Click here for answers.
Mathnasium meets your child where they are and helps them with the customized program they need, for any level of mathematics.