KIAN S - GRADE 8
Mathnasium of Somerset is happy to announce Student of the Month for September.
Kian is in Grade 8 and he has been with us since 12 months. Kian always has a positive attitude towards math and is so punctual with his attendance. He never forgets to inform our instructors when he has a test/quiz and is always eager to learn and get ready for his upcoming tests. Congratulations to Kian, We are all very proud of you and your accomplishments and can't wait to see what you achieve next!
We love to celebrate the success of our students, and since success at Mathnasium is the norm, it can be pretty hard to choose just one of them. :)
Here at Mathnasium of Somerset, our students are just regular kids. With the help of our specially-trained Mathnasium instructors, regular kids can have extraordinary results! Each month, we choose one child to be our "Student of the Month." Here's what we've noticed:
Our Student of the Month shows 5 distinct traits:
- Positive Attitude! Few factors predict success as well as a good attitude. A recent Stanford study has found that a positive attitude toward math boosts the brain's memory center and predicts better math performance.
Elizabeth, a 3rd grade Mathnasium student, summed it up this way: "It should be called Attitud-asium!"
- Confidence! Our Student of the Month exhibits confidence in their ability to understand math. According to the Program for International Student Assessment (or PISA), a student's belief that they can solve math problems is associated with a difference in math skills - and the difference is equivalent to a FULL YEAR OF SCHOOLING. (Wow!)
One parent noticed, "Kailee's confidence has improved tremendously. Mathnasium has not only helped in math, it's helped in all her subjects."
- Progression! Nothing is more motivating than seeing real, measurable progress. Our instructors at Mathnasium of Somerset provide exactly what your child needs to see progress: guided practice. Increased math practice leads to increased math progress.
- Attendance! Attendance is a crucial aspect of achieving progress and success at Mathnasium of somerset. Consistency and regularity in attending sessions directly impact your ability to grasp mathematical concepts effectively. We highly recommend that all our students attend sessions at least 2-3 times a week to ensure measurable progress.
- Participation! Participation is key to fostering a thriving learning environment at Mathnasium! We strongly encourage all our students to engage in the various events and themed days listed on our monthly fun calendar. Participating in these activities not only adds an element of excitement to your learning journey but also provides numerous benefits such as enhancing problem-solving skills, building teamwork abilities, and boosting overall confidence in mathematics.
Congratulations to our student of the month for the year of 2023! They've worked hard and deserve some recognition! For their efforts, they've won 10 full prize cards! (That's 240 stars!)