What is @Home?
- Mathnasium @Home is the same quality math education you’re used to from Mathnasium delivered on a new online platform. â€‹â€‹
How does Mathnasium @Home work?
- Students and instructors will log onto our virtual classroom to work together, just like in the center!
- We’ll prepare a customized learning plan for your student based on their most recent assessment. If you’ve been attending in center, your student’s learning plan has been digitized so they can pick up right where they left off.
- Instructors will work with students at up to a 4:1 ratio, just like in the center.â€‹
Do visits have to be scheduled? What times can students "attend"?
- Yes, visits do have to be scheduled! As part of the set-up process, we’ll walk you through how to schedule your sessions.
- We’ve expanded our hours of operation to better meet the needs of our families. @Home instruction will be available 6 days a week, please check the scheduling page to see what times work best for your family.
How long are sessions?
- Session type is based on the student's current grade level in school
- Below Algebra 1 - 60 minutes
- Algebra 1 and above - 60 or 90 minutesâ€‹
Can you help with schoolwork?
- Absolutely! You can email your Center Director a picture or scan of your student’s homework if it's on paper, or notify us that your student has online homework, and we’ll set aside time during their next math session to help them with their assignment.
- We require 12 hours notice for homework so we can prepare and upload the work to our online platform.
Do we have to share audio/video?
- Audio and video sharing are highly recommended but not required. There is a chat feature in the classroom that will allow students to type their questions, but we’ve found it much quicker and easier to communicate with students verbally. This will also mimic their experience in-center!
Do I need any special software or equipment?
- You just need a laptop or tablet and a decent internet connection!
- Headphones are recommended to minimize distractions during your student’s session.
- Students are welcome to use Wacom boards, mouse pens, and touch-screen laptops if they wish. These are not necessary, normal instruction can take place with a mouse and keyboard!â€‹â€‹
- Some laptops with restrictions do not allow our platform. If you are logging on with a school-provided laptop, it may not be able to access the classroom.
Do I need to pay extra?
- Nope! Mathnasium @Home is the same cost as in-center instruction.
Can I switch between regular and online? Or supplement regular visits with online?
- Because we create a specialized curriculum for students, it isn’t possible for us to switch them back and forth between online and in person quickly. Because of this we require you to commit to one method of instruction for each calendar month.
- You should communicate with your Center Director about your student’s needs to pick the best delivery method for them.
How do I sign up?
- Please contact us using the information at the top of the page!